Ingersoll Rand Trane - Area Service Manager in ALBUQUERQUE, New Mexico
At Ingersoll Rand we're passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands—includingClub Car®,Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®,Trane®,American Standard® Heating & Air ConditioningandARO®- work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visithttp://www.ingersollrand.com/.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
The Area Service Manager is responsible for providing the leadership for all activities from the installation of new equipment or implementation of a services contract through lifetime connectivity with that customer. Processes within that oversight include support of sales through contract pricing on parts and service, field service coordination, management of technicians, invoicing and collections, and customer satisfaction.
- Collaborate with sales on contract pricing of parts and services to maintain and enhance profitable service operations.
- Oversee the service coordination function to respond efficiently to customers, ensure technicians training and skill level is appropriately balanced to service customers, and leverage resources across the district. This includes emergency repair (break /fix), regular maintenance contracts, scheduled work and upgrades, installations, replacement components (parts), and long-term service agreements (Package Care).
- Effectively attract, coach, counsel, train and develop all service employees. Drive continuous improvement through company performance management process and technical product training programs available. Develop employee skill levels, including customer service, process and technical skills, to the highest degree possible.
- Proactively build the technician pipeline externally and strategically manage your technician workforce to prevent resource gaps.
- Maximize cash flow by ensuring invoices are generated immediately upon completion of work, managing expense budgets, and increasing utilization of the service team. Ensure that standard service work processes are created and followed. Improve transactional processes impacting the customer experience and increase overall customer satisfaction.
- Ensure environmental, health and safety compliance within service team. Provide training to all employees to ensure a safe and productive work environment both in the shop and at customer sites.
- Visit customers on a regular basis to build relationships and provide solutions.
- Participate in local associations or groups to build external awareness and network.
- Bachelors Degree strongly preferred in Engineering, Technical, Marketing or Business. Technical capabilities are a plus.
- Leadership skills are essential. Individual must be able to manage an hourly technical workforce, including remote employees, as well as salaried office staff.
- Work is completed through other employees, so this person must excel at hiring, developing, training, coaching, leading and motivating a diverse workforce for optimal results.
- Profit & Loss experience is critical. Individual must have had 3-5 years (minimum prior experience) in managing teams of people, processes, and budgets in a customer facing role. Experience in an industrial service business setting is a plus.
- A strategic business mindset is important. This individual must be able to support the DGM in creation of a strategic business plan for growing the business through services.
Mustpossess a valid driver’s license for a minimum of 12 months, with no major orfrequent traffic violations including, but not limited to:
DUI in theprevious 5 years
- Hit & Run,License Suspension, Reckless / Careless Driving or multiple smaller infractionsor preventable collisions in the previous 3 years.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress—for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate—then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.
Primary Location: ALBUQUERQUE-New Mexico
Shift: Day Job
Posting: Dec 7, 2017, 1:28:55 PM