AEEC, LLC Layer 7/ CA XML Gateway SME in Alexandria, Virginia
AEEC is currently seeking a Layer 7/ CA XML Gateway SMEto support our prime Federal contract in Alexandria, VA.
This SME will be responsible for designing, maintaining and implementing the Layer 7 XML Gateway implementation of the customer program, which will secure web services inbound and outbound to the Customer platform. This is a customer-facing, technical product expert who installs, configures, provides training for and supports the Gateway solution. The candidate should be able to demonstrate a history of working with both technical and non-technical stakeholders to define requirements, plan projects and ultimately deliver technical solutions.
Specific tasks for this role include:
- Will be responsible for/involved with the XML Gateway virtual machine deployments across multiple Customer development environments
- Architecting solutions with clients, based on best practices.
- Engineering API security policies and configure API Management
- Deploying, configuring, tuning, and monitoring API Gateways
- Producing customer-facing technical documentation.
- Assisting technical support in troubleshooting customer issues.
- Collecting and articulating customer feature requests to development organizations.
- Supporting the integration of Applications with CA API
- Authoring Security and Integration Patterns documentation.
- Developing and establishing monitoring and reporting process to proactively assess service availability and utilization.
- Developing re-usable policies and configuration packages for integrated applications.
- Documenting operational procedures, processes, and application integration patterns implemented Assist in managing the organizational change as the improvements are being implemented.
- Attending platform team meetings and providing updates, including highlighting risk and technical challenges.
Citizenship: US citizenship is not required. Applicant must have valid working authorization. All applicants will be required to submit a background investigation application prior to beginning work and must be able to obtain a public trust clearance. * *
*Physical Demands: *While performing duties of the job, incumbent is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands and fingers, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls, reach with hands and arms, talk and hear. Employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust and focus.
*Work Environment: *The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
To apply to this position, please send a copy of your resume referencing this job title to email@example.com or click here to apply through ADP.
AEEC is a Federal Contractor and agrees to comply with all provisions set forth in Equal Employment Opportunity, Executive Order 11246, as amended, Section 503 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, as amended, 38 U.S.C. 4212 of the Vietnam Veterans’ Readjustment Assistance Act of 1974, as amended and 29 CFR Part 471, Appendix A to Subpart A (Executive Order 13496). If you are an individual with a disability and would like to request a reasonable accommodation as part of the employment selection process, please contact our HR Department at firstname.lastname@example.org or 703-766-4300.
AEEC is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Back to Careers
Required Skills Include:
- The perfect candidate for this role will have an outstanding track record and reputation for being result oriented, paying close attention to detail and a passion for API technology with a strong understanding of IT security topics. They will be focused, motivated and customer centric.
- 10 years of related experience plus a degree in computer science, computer/software engineering or related discipline - or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Minimum of two years of experience with the CA API Gateway (formerly Layer7)
- 4+ years of HTTP, SOAP, and REST web services experience.
- 4+ years of Information, Network or Application Security experience.
- Gateway deployment and configuration
- Policy Development
- Debugging and troubleshooting
- Policy Migration
- Knowledge of Web APIs, REST, XML, JSON, SOA/Web services, Internet/network security standards (WS Security, OAUTH, OpenID Connect, JWT, etc)
- Proficient with PKI, SSL and SSH security implementations
- Proficient with Linux OS – Enough to deploy the gateway, install additional client applications, monitor system resources, etc.
- Experience with: Identity and access management systems (LDAP, CA, Oracle Access Manager); reliable messaging systems (Websphere,EMS); network infrastructure devices (switches, routers, load balancers); Single Sign On and delegated access technologies (SAML, Kerberos, 1FA, 2FA), Apache Web Server.
- Previous experience programming with OS-level scripting (bash), XML transformations (XPATH and XSLT) and JAVA coding language.
- Experience with virtualized environments (VMware Server, VMware ESX/vSphere) and Cloud-based images (Amazon AMI).
Location: Alexandria, VA
Area code: 571
Tax Term: Full Time
Pay rate: Negotiable