Daimler Trucks North America Detroit Technical Sales Representative – Atlanta, GA (L5) in Atlanta, Georgia
Innovative products begin with talented, highly motivated individuals. Daimler Trucks North America (DTNA), the largest and most diverse company in the North American commercial vehicle market, invites you to join our dynamic, industry-leading workforce. Our world-class portfolio of brands, including Freightliner trucks, Western Star trucks, Detroit™ engines and components, Thomas Built Buses, and Freightliner Custom Chassis, offers the unique opportunity to follow your passion for automotives in business or technical fields at locations across North America. And when you work for a Daimler company, you join a global network of over 250,000 dedicated employees on 6 continents who share your passion. Apply today and explore the world of Daimler!
Do you want to work for a leader in the trucking industry? Do you like to be part of a team but work independently? As a Detroit Technical Sales Representative you will be responsible for promotion of Detroit branded components for Freightliner and Western Star brands. You will help retail sales outlets improve customer bottom lines through use of Detroit components. You will drive trucks to support training and troubleshooting. You will get to analyze, prepare and present technical data to dealers, end users and internal colleagues. You will work with dealers and internal team to provide dedicated fuel economy support to top accounts in your AOR.
- Work remotely out of your house to serve as a technical consultant to Freightliner and Western Star retail outlets and internal truck sales team on all Detroit branded components for Georgia, Alabama and Kentucky dealers.
- Internal Support:
- Work closely with Freightliner & Western Star District Sales Managers in your territory to support current sales opportunities and highest priorities for dealer sales team.
- Feedback voice of customer to marketing to support current and future product enhancements.
- Dealer Support:
- Conduct annual training with all dealers in assigned AOR on Detroit components.
- Support dealer sales team on vehicle spec’ing to ensure correct engines, axles and transmissions are selected to meet performance and fuel economy needs.
- Responsible for supporting top 6 customer accounts in your territory with a living history file. Lead the effort to hold regular Detroit component performance reviews with the dealer and top 6 end users on a regular cadence.
- Customer Support:
- Responsible for investigating and qualifying customer performance and fuel economy concerns, and coordinating involvement by dealer and factory personnel, as needed, to fully identify causes for customer concerns and to communicate Daimler’s assessment of situation and corrective action recommendations.
- Act as a consultant to fleets to help them optimize truck fuel economy and performance.
- Facilitate Detroit component orientation to drivers and fleet managers upon delivery of new trucks with Detroit components.
- Coordinate and support Detroit plant tours for customers/dealers within area of responsibility.
- Support pilot and specification reviews.
Act as Detroit component expert within assigned geographic territory.
Bachelor's degree with 2 years of related experience OR an associate's degree with 4 years of related experience OR 8 years of related experience required
- At least 1 year of group leader, project lead, or mentoring experience required
- An attached resume is required
- CDL in state of residence within 60 days required
- MUST RELOCATE TO ATLANTA, GA
Based in Georgia, covering Freightliner sales districts primarily Georgia, Alabama, Florida, and part of South Carolina.
Final candidate must successfully complete a pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check.
Title: Detroit Technical Sales Representative – Atlanta, GA (L5)
Requisition ID: DAI00001XX