VMware Inside Salses Specialist, VMware Cloud on AWS in Austin, Texas
The Inside Sales Specialist, VMware Cloud on AWS n the Americas will be a core member of the team helping to grow VMware’s new businesses in the Cloud. The Inside Sales Specialist will work in our Austin call center to generate demand for our cloud service offerings, as well as assist in enabling our core Inside Sales Representatives to sell our new offerings. The Inside Sales Specialist will own a revenue quota number and be responsible for collaborating with our core Inside Sales teams, Partner Sales teams, and Solution Provider ecosystem. Knowledge of computer hardware and/or software sales is a must. An understanding of and passion for the Cloud or Software-as-a-Service marketplace is a plus.
Key job responsibilities:
• Accountable for achieving VMware’s bookings targets for direct and indirect cloud service sales in a geographic region
• Accountable for helping create pipeline and set up meetings for outside Field interactions with customers
• Collaborate with core Field and Partner sales leaders to ensure proper engagement with core teams and customers
• Drive the sales of add-on services and value services of existing customers.
• Support core Inside Sales enablement activities to drive further understanding of cloud service offerings
• Bachelors degree required
• 1-3 years of sales experience in computer hardware, software, or online services is desired, but not required
• Self-motivated with a high attention to detail and ability to multitask
• An unwavering positive attitude, strong drive for results, and the ability to deal with ambiguity are a must
• Attention to detail and understanding of subscription sales and ordering.
• Need to be familiar with computers and technology and comfortable using the Microsoft Windows operating system and Microsoft Outlook
• Applicants need to be comfortable working with others and in a team environment
• Must be open to receiving constructive criticism (feedback) and applying and integrating the feedback in an effort to improve their results
VMware is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Prohibits Discrimination and Harassment of Any Kind: VMware is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all employees and to providing employees with a work environment free of discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions at VMware are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications, without regard to race, color, religion or belief, national, social or ethnic origin, sex (including pregnancy), age, physical, mental or sensory disability, HIV Status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, marital, civil union or domestic partnership status, past or present military service, family medical history or genetic information, family or parental status, or any other status protected by the laws or regulations in the locations where we operate. VMware will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics. VMware encourages applicants of all ages. VMware will provide reasonable accommodation to employees who have protected disabilities consistent with local law.