Stryker Stryker Navigation Surgery Support Specialist - Austin in Austin, Texas
Requisition ID 26825BR
Job Title Stryker Navigation Surgery Support Specialist - Austin
Group MedSurg and Neurotech
Business Unit Navigation
Business Function Field Service and Support
Country United States
Employment Category Full Time
Percent Travel Required Up to 20%
Stryker is one of the world's leading medical technology companies and, together with its customers, is driven to make healthcare better. The company offers innovative products and services in Orthopaedics, Medical and Surgical, and Neurotechnology and Spine that help improve patient and hospital outcomes. More information is available at www.stryker.com All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We are an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Job Description / Information
The Specialist will support our Navigation selling team. Stryker will train you to provide support to surgeons for Navigation procedures.
The Navigation Support Specialist provides expertise in the operating room at hospitals with Stryker Navigation products. The Support Specialist will be the first line of communication for Stryker’s customers while coordinating Navigation field service events/cases and addressing technical and operational issues with Navigation products.
• Ensure effective surgical care to patients as related to Stryker Navigation equipment.
• Provide clinical surgical support by operating all Stryker Navigation equipment.
• Manage and prepare all navigation instrumentation for daily case load.
• Manage CT/MR studies and work with radiology to have the appropriate scans prepared and loaded for navigation procedures.
• Focus on surgeon preferences and specific case needs.
• Establish and update surgeon software preferences.
• Install updates and upgrades to Stryker Navigation software and Windows Operating System as necessary.
• Manage all necessary repairs/replacements for assigned hospital.
• Assist the sales representative in providing technical training and in-services to OR personnel, central processing, radiology and other hospital staff.
• Anticipate related device needs of the OR staff and surgeon during navigation procedures.
• Responsible for trouble-shooting and maintaining Stryker Navigation equipment to ensure there is zero cause for case interruption due to technical failure.
• Maintain knowledge base of equipment and disposable products.
• Assist in maintaining "par" levels for disposable products to ensure smooth operation of procedures.
• Assist the local sales representative in providing physicians and OR personnel with information on new products and features
• Interact with surgeons, patients, OR personnel, central processing, sales reps, O.R. management, central processing, biomedical and hospital administration, as well as Stryker employees and partners.
• Adheres to hospital policies, standards and procedures.
• Employee has the necessary authority to execute above mentioned job responsibilities, and will have authority to carry out specific responsibilities defined by quality system documents.
• Employee has authority to recommend and initiate preventative and corrective action with regard to product non-conformances and quality system activities.
What is Navigation?
Navigation is computer assisted surgery.
Learn more about Stryker Navigation at: http://www.stryker.com/en-us/Divisions/Navigation/index.htm
Relocation assistance is not provided.
Minimum of 2 years of technical service with an emphasis on computer systems and direct customer interaction is desired.
Associate’s Degree required, Bachelor’s Degree Preferred.
Operating room experience and demonstrated knowledge of anatomy, surgical procedures, and techniques preferred
Must be able to move large, heavy toolboxes
Must be able to use common hand tools as well as some power tools
Must be able to communicate effectively and build relationships with customers
Must have demonstrated high work standards and attention to detail
Must be comfortable using independent judgment to analyze and resolve technical issues
Must be comfortable using independent judgment to analyze and resolve customer support issues
Must be able to read, understand, and explain detailed product and technical information
Must be able to develop and deliver effective technical training
Must be able to learn and understand surgical and anatomical terms and surgical processes
Must be able to coordinate detailed travel arrangements
Must be able to work independently
Must have a strong customer service background and solid customer facing skills
Must be able to work in an OR environment
Must have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
Must have demonstrated analytical skills
Must have demonstrated organizational skills
Must have the ability to learn and communicate technical information
Must be able to analyze and correct complex product and/or process issues using independent judgment.
Must be able to routinely make decisions that affect immediate operations.
Must be able to plan, organize, and implement multiple concurrent tasks.
Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects.
Must have the ability to work with and assemble small objects and component parts.
Ability to operate small hand tools, inspection equipment, and common office equipment.
Ability to operate in a fast paced environment requiring extended work hours and extensive travel.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability