Firekeepers Casino Hotel Barista in Battle Creek, Michigan
SCOPE OF POSITION:
Responsible for handling guest orders and money transactions, and preparing beverages and serving food products in accordance with FireKeepers Casino Hotel (FKCH) and Biggby Coffee high standards of guest service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The following is a list of the main duties and responsibilities. However, other duties may be assigned as deemed necessary by management. All duties must be performed in accordance with Tribal, Federal, and other applicable requirements, organizational specific policies, procedures and practices.
- Provides fast and friendly service, controls the sales process through suggestive selling, follows all drink-making procedures with precision, and engages all guests in active conversation at the delivery counter.
- Maintains a clean and energetic store atmosphere.
- Responsible for taking orders and receiving payment from guests in a prompt and courteous manner.
- Ensures that all products are fully stocked and available.
- Completes quality control procedures by checking air pot temperatures, timing espresso shot extraction times, checking thermometer calibration, and by checking the skim and half and half carafe temperatures.
- Responsible for adhering to established cash control policies and procedures of FKCH.
- Answers any guest questions and advises guests of waiting times.
- Delivers completed food and beverage orders to guests.
- Responsible for clearing all tables and resetting them for new seating in accordance with venue standards.
- Handles any guest complaints and resolves them quickly and courteously. Directs any guest concerns to appropriate management.
- Assists in maintaining standards of health, safety, and sanitation.
- Participates as a Team Member with Supervisors and any other pertinent Team Members in producing an efficiently run operation that meets the highest standards of guest service.
- Maintains the highest level of confidentiality.
- Responsible for maintaining a consistent, regular attendance record as outlined in the FireKeepers Casino Hotel Attendance Policy.
- Outstanding example of and a credit to FireKeepers Casino Hotel.
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
An applicant’s education, training and experience must be sufficient to demonstrate that the applicant possesses the ability to successfully perform each of the essential duties and responsibilities satisfactorily. FireKeepers reserves the right to verify the sufficiency of a candidate’s education, training and competencies through the interview process, testing and methods.
The requirements listed below are generally representative of the education, experience, and skills and/or abilities required to enable one to successfully perform the essential duties and responsibilities:
High School Diploma or GED.
GENERAL OR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
Strong interpersonal and communication skills. Previous cashier and/or barista experience.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reportsand correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimal, and work with mathematical such as probability and statistical inference.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
PHYSICAL & ENVIRONMENTAL DEMANDS:
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this position, a Team Member is regularly required to talk or to hear. The Team Member is also regularly required to stand, walk, sit, and use hands to handle or feel objects, tools or controls. A Team Member is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms, and to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
Work is performed throughout all areas of the facility where the noise level varies from quiet to loud depending upon business. Must be able to work in a smoke filled environment.
Indian preference will be applied in the selection of qualified applicants in accordance with the NHBP Indian Preference in Employment Code, which affords employment preferences to NHBP Tribal citizens, parents or spouses of NHBP citizens and other Native Americans. For purposes of this preference, NHBP law defines "Native American" as: (a) an enrolled member of any other federally-recognized Indian tribes; (b) an enrolled member of a Canadian Indian tribe or First Nation; or (c) an enrolled member of the Grand River Band of Ottawa Indians or the Burt Lake Band of Ottawa/Chippewa Indians.
FireKeepers Casino Hotel reserves the right to make changes to the above job description as necessary.
Date Posted: 7/17/2017
Job Code: Barista
Location: FireKeepers Casino Hotel
Address: 11177 Michigan Ave
City: Battle Creek
Country: United States of America