MDU Resources Group End Dump Driver in Beaumont, Texas
Responsible to operate tractor-trailer truck and equipment, as well as maintain them properly,in order to transport material to designated location safely and in a timely manner.
- High School Diploma or GED.
- A CDL Class A (tractor-trailer). Preference given for experience driving a belly dump, lowboy, or tanker.
- Must have and maintain medical card and acceptable driving record with required endorsements.
Duties and/or Responsibilities:
- Safely operate Class A truck to transport asphalt or aggregate to job site often times driving on uneven or unfinished surface.
- Inspects truck for defects before and after trips and submits report indicating truck condition. Maintains driver log according to ICC regulations as required.
- Daily maintenance of equipment such as cleaning truck inside and out, greasing, oiling, brakes, lights and any other maintenance instructed to perform.
- Recognize surroundings and practice traffic awareness to maintain a safe environment.
- Tarp load when needed.
- Clean spilled material/buildup off box (spill chutes, belts, side boards, etc.)
- Verify that gates are closed.
- Complete load tickets.
- Spread product.
- Maintain proper information in truck cab pouch.
- Report information accurately and completely on daily time cards, truck cab information and other needed paperwork.
- Maintain and support a safe and harassment free work environment.
- Ensure OSHA, DOT, EPA, DNR, MSHA, Federal, State, and Local safety and environmental regulation compliance and attend required training.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal, listening, written).
- Ability to read maps and navigate to new locations.
- Must be self-motivated, team-player with excellent interpersonal skills; ability to maintain positive customer relations and act courteous and respectful toward others.
- Ability to work with minimum supervision and recognize matters needing attention and initiate action on that recognition.
- Paid Holidays * Paid Vacation * Three Medical Plans with GENEROUS Employer contributions * Health Savings Account, partially funded by Employer * Prescription Card * Flexible Spending Accounts for Medical and Dependent Care * Dental * Vision * Company Paid Life and AD&D; Insurance * Company Paid Short Term Disability Income Replacement * Company Paid Long Term Disability Income Replacement * Profit Sharing * 401(k) with Company Match * Voluntary Life Insurance for Employees, Spouses, and Dependents * Company Paid Employee Assistance Plan, Travel Insurance, Access to Legal Advice * Employee Discount Plan for National Vendors * College Scholarship Program for Dependents * Gift Matching Program
How To Apply
Knife River is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, age, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status or any other protected category under applicable state/federal law. Applicants of diverse backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Subject to pre-employment drug testing and background check.
If unable to apply online, mail completed application to Knife River Corporation South, PO Box 20257, Beaumont, TX 77720 or apply in person at 4825 Romeda Road, Beaumont, TX 77705.
Company: Knife River - Texas Division
Location: Beaumont, TX
Hiring Manager: Brian A Miller
Closing Date: 08/31/2017 at 11:59pm CDT
Job Type: Full-Time