NBC Universal Senior DBA in Beverly Hills, California
Job Number 37565BR
Job Title Senior DBA
Business Segment Film
Sub-Business Film Fandango
Posting Category Technology/Engineering
About Us At Fandango, we love movies. From showtimes and ticketing, to engaging content and innovations in movie going- we strive to deliver the perfect movie going experience—anytime, anywhere. And to be the go-to destination for moviegoers, we think it’s all about collaboration. Anyone can build a website or app, but it takes a special group across many disciplines to create an experience that can live across multiple platforms and connected devices. Thanks to an exceptional team, we’re working hard to make Fandango a little bit better every day. Our 30 million (and growing!) online and mobile monthly visitors can now buy movie tickets at over 25,000 screens nationwide and stay for exclusive trailers, our award-winning original video series, movie reviews, celebrity interviews and more. So, if you’re looking to inspire, be inspired and work at the intersection of entertainment and technology look no further than Fandango. Visit Fandango.com/careers for a behind-the-scenes look at Fandango and follow us on LinkedIn for the latest news and updates. Fandango is an NBCUniversal Company. It is the policy of NBCUniversal and NBCUniversal's affiliated businesses to consider all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, sex (including pregnancy) sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.
Country United States
City Beverly Hills
Senior Database Administrator will be focused on total operations work with database administration, SQL tuning and database security.
• Expert level support of databases supporting mission critical web applications and internal applications.
• Design, install and maintain highly available database systems including, monitoring, security, backup and recovery, and performance tuning.
• Partner with team members to formulate, implement, test and validate ETL solutions
• Solid, proven expertise writing sql scripts, stored procedures and command line batch scripts, to maintain and automate job functions and responsibilities.
• Provide the database best practice design methodologies while continuously re-assessing the infrastructure for optimization opportunities that would save infrastructure costs and/or getting the best value and performance out of our technology assets.
Skills and Qualifications:
• Minimum 10 years of database administration experience including expert understanding of Microsoft SQL Server.
• Experience in implementing and supporting Always-On Availability Groups
• Experience with other database technologies is a plus. Currently we are also working with MySQL and AWS Redshift.
• Proven disaster/recovery expertise via backup/restore methodology.
• Excellent troubleshooting skills and ability to understand complex relationships between components of multi-tiered and distributed applications.
• Broad knowledge of common applications and technologies in internet computing (web servers, database servers, load balancers etc.)
• Expertise with highly-available database technologies like clustering, replication, mirroring, etc.
• Flexible, adaptable, and able to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced environment.
• Proven experience migrating or upgrading database servers to the latest patch and revision levels.
• 24x7 on call rotation with ability to make correct decisions in order to resolve outages impacting production systems.
We are an equal opportunity employer, offering a great work environment, challenging career opportunities, professional training and competitive compensation. Click Here to view the NBCUniversal Candidate Privacy Statement.