Idaho Division of Human Resources Nurse, Licensed Practical in Boise, Idaho
Division of Veterans Services - Caring for America's Heroes
NOW OFFERING MORE COMPETITIVE WAGES!!!
This announcement will be used to fill a temporary evening shift working 20-40 hours per week *with the Idaho State Veterans Home in Boise. We offer competitive wages and shift deferential for evening and night shifts!*
***In order to protect the safety of vulnerable adults, the Idaho Division of Veterans Services (IDVS) may require applicants to pass a criminal history background investigation after a conditional offer of employment.***
- Performs practical nursing care or assists a registered nurse or physician in routine to complex situations in clinics, private homes or state institutions.
- Observes, records, and reports patients treatment, care, symptoms, physical and mental condition, behavior and progress.
- Administers prescribed medications including intramuscular injections and observes for adverse reactions.
- Performs treatments including change of sterile dressings, insertion of nasal gastric tubes, catheterizations and removal of sutures.
- Interviews patients to obtain health information and instructs and counsels patients regarding basic health needs.
- Teaches patients and their families the importance of proper diet, proper positioning, range-of-motion exercises, transfer techniques, and personal hygiene procedures.
- Charts administered medications, symptoms, accidents, unusual behavior, doctors' visits and observed side effects of drugs.
- Orders lab and x-ray work under physicians orders.
- Licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse by the state of Idaho or state licensure as a Practical Nurse pursuant to the Nurse Licensure Compact, Idaho Code 54-1418, in one of the following compact states: Arizona, Arkansas, Colorado, Delaware, Iowa, Kentucky, Maine, Maryland, Mississippi, Missouri, Nebraska, New Hampshire, New Mexico, North Carolina, North Dakota, Rhode Island, South Carolina, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Utah, Virginia, or Wisconsin.
Checklist. You will receive a score based on your responses. You must receive a minimum rating of 70 to pass this examination. All responses must be supported in the work history, resume, and/or education portion of your application. Exam results are available immediately online when you complete and submit your exam.
To preview the examination for this position, click on the "" link below (you will not be able to apply from this screen). If you wish to apply and test for this position, please follow the directions under "How to Apply."
How to Apply:
Click the Apply Online button to the left and follow the instructions provided to complete the Application Checklist and Exam for this position.
When updating your online application information, please select Division of Veterans Services under "Agencies,_ Boise_ under "Cities" and Temporary under "Job Type/Shift".
Open for Recruitment: November 14, 2017 - November 28, 2017
Announcement #: 07676034787
Salary Range: $17.30 - $19.10 per hour -Plus Competitive Benefits!