Thomson Reuters Security Master Analyst in Brookfield, Wisconsin
The Thomson BETA Security Master Department maintains and updates the centralized, service bureau Security Master description file and is responsible for manually processing all setup requests, changes and daily maintenance of securities in Thomson BETA Systems back office. Requests for security adds and changes are received from the client firms via back office wire or fax and are expected to be processed within a 15 minute window, based on our standards. Intra-day options securities are the only exception, which are phoned in and processed immediately.
The impact of this role is to ensure data integrity. Security Master analysts research and verify all pertinent information before adding securities to or changing security specifics in the on-line files. Trade-related requests from client firms are processed immediately on a first in/first out basis. The file is currently over 2.4 million securities. There is a required SLO (service level objective) of 15 min or less when completing a client request. The Security Master area receives between 900-1,800 new set-up requests on any given day, as well as approximately 300-800 change request a day.
The General Security Master group is responsible forfront line client support;data analysis and processing of all set-up and change requests, phone support, and production control.Key contacts would be the end user customers who contact this group directly to request that securities be added to or changed in the Security Master File.
_Day-to-day responsibilities:_ * Setup and changes for all standard types of securities * Research using online sources such as CUSIP Access, Options Clearing Corp, all stock exchanges, Interactive Data Corp and JJ Kenny for municipal bonds * Calling exchanges, underwriters and/or other firms who hold positions on a particular security * Daily maintenance of the security database * Daily symbol changes * Reviewing and manually handling any changes necessary for corporate action notices from DTC, FII, and XCITEK Thomson Reuters provides professionals with the intelligence, technology and human expertise they need to find trusted answers. We enable professionals in the financial and risk, legal, tax and accounting, and media markets to make the decisions that matter most, all powered by the world's most trusted news organization.
- 2 years experience in a business/office environment
- 8000 keystrokes and ability to maneuver screens/fields using keyboard (must be able to type approximately 55 words per minute both Alpha and Numeric as well as utilize 10-key)
- The ability to conduct advanced research and apply critical thinking to analyze data
- A general understanding of the financial markets
- Excellent oral and written communication skills At Thomson Reuters, we believe what we do matters. We are passionate about our work, inspired by the impact it has on our business and our customers. As a team, we believe in winning as one – collaborating to reach shared goals, and developing through challenging and meaningful experiences. With over 50,000 employees in more than 100 countries, we work flexibly across boundaries and realize innovations that help shape industries around the world. Bring your ambition to make a difference. We’ll bring a world of opportunities.
As a global business we rely on diversity of culture and thought to deliver on our goals. To ensure we can do that, we seek talented, qualified employees in our operations around the world regardless of race, color, sex/gender, including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, disability, age, marital status, citizen status, veteran status, or any other protected classification under country or local law. Thomson Reuters is proud to be an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer providing a drug-free workplace.
Intrigued by a challenge as large and fascinating as the world itself? Come join us.
To learn more about what we offer, please visit thomsonreuters.com/careers.
More information about Thomson Reuters can be found on thomsonreuters.com.
Job: *Customer Service & Support Family Group
Organization: *F&R CP Wealth Management
Title: Security Master Analyst
Location: Wisconsin-Brookfield-Brookfield-350 North Sunny
Requisition ID: JREQ081776