Stantec Lead Estimator-heavy civil in Broomfield, Colorado
MWH Constructors (MWHC), a nationally recognized heavy civil construction company, is recruiting for an experienced Lead Construction Cost Estimator in Broomfield, CO. The position will have responsibility to support water & wastewater treatment, storage, and distribution projects throughout the U.S. ranging from approximately $50-400 million dollars. Typical project delivery systems will include Design-Build and Construction Management at Risk.
The successful candidate will be responsible for coordinating the development of cost estimates and responding to value engineering concepts during design and ultimately preparing Guaranteed Maximum Price proposals for the work. In addition to coordinating teams of discipline estimators, the position will frequently require the direct estimating of at least one project discipline.
The position will require strong communication skills and ability to collaborate with designers, superintendents, project managers, and other estimators to deliver high-quality cost estimates within the prescribed budget and schedule.
The primary responsibilities for this role will include:
• Serve as the point of contact for Project Managers, Construction Managers, and project partners, and coordinate the parameters and expectation of estimating assignments.
• Review design documents such as specifications and drawings to identify risks and opportunities related to competitive pricing for key project elements.
• Develop costs estimates in a manner and level of detail consistent with the project goals.
• Review the final multi-discipline estimate and prepare report deliverables for the end user.
• Support procurement efforts to solicit and evaluate subcontractor and vendor bids.
• Evaluate subcontractor and vendor proposals for price and scope completion.
• Lead collaborative reviews of estimated costs for self-performed work.
• Prepare final GMP summaries and scope documents.
The candidate should be comfortable working with both designers and project managers through all levels of design from 30% to 100% complete. Strong computer skills are essential.
Lead Estimator-heavy civil
• BS in Engineering, Construction Management, other technical degree, or equivalent experience.
• 15+ years of estimating experience, preferably at multiple levels of design completion.
• Understanding of water treatment plant processes and construction standards.
• Experience working with other discipline estimators to develop a comprehensive project estimate.
• Experience with Sage Timberline Estimating, On-Screen Take-Off, and Microsoft Office.
MWH Constructors, now part of Stantec, is a project delivery company with a focus on water and energy. With the ultimate goal of delivering maximum value to municipal, federal and industrial clients and their local communities, we offer single-source integrated construction services and project delivery methods that incorporate industry-leading preconstruction services and safety practices.
MWH, now part of Stantec, is an EEO employer – MWH considers applicants for all positions without regard to race, ethnicity, religion, creed, color, sex, gender, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, medical condition, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship or other basis in accordance with federal, state or local laws or regulations.
Staffing and Recruitment Agencies
MWH Constructors and Slayden Constructors appreciate the interest from the staffing industry, however, unsolicited resumes submitted to MWHC or Slaydern and/or any MWH or Slayden employee without a current and valid staffing agency contract in place with MWHC or Slayden will not be eligible for any search fees. At this time, MWHC or Slayden is not welcoming any additional inquiries for agency partnerships. To be added to the list for future RFP opportunities please email Alicia.Slader@mwhglobal.com.
Location (Multiple Cities or States):