Robert Half Accountemps Staff Accountant in Carol Stream, Illinois
Accountemps is looking for a Staff Accountant for a long term temporary-to-fulltime position. The Staff Accountant is responsible for preparing journal entries, monthly and year-end closings, bank reconciliation, fixed asset maintenance, and general ledger reconciliation. During the monthly close, you will hold responsibility over many aspects of internal reporting. In addition, you will support the development and implementation of accounting policies. In addition, you will play an active role in SOX compliance, collaborate with our external auditors for quarterly reviews and annual audits, and review schedules for the 10Q and 10K reporting processes. This very involved position works to produce Cash Flow projections, Financial Statements, and Budgets. This Carol Stream, Illinois based company is offering an opportunity that is multi-faceted and challenging in nature. It's a thriving environment where effort is rewarded. Major responsibilities - Conduct month end close, journal entries, without supervision - Be responsible for account reconciliations including prepaid expenses, payroll, and other assignments - Support capital lease and monthly payment schedules - Offer succinct analysis on a wide variety of financial data and communicate it in a clear and concise manner - Play a role in the month end, quarter end and year end closing process including monthly financial close workbook preparation - Participate in various initiatives spanning multiple departments - Aid in implementation, maintenance and adherence to internal controls under SOX and accounting procedures ensuring compliance with GAAP - Prepare monthly balance sheet and income statement analyses for management reporting - Ad-hoc tasks and special projects, as needed - Carry out fixed asset ledger, depreciation, and reconciliation
- CPA an added bonus
- Earlier experience in public accounting is highly valued
- Ability to meet deadlines
- NetSuite, SAP, Blackline, and ADP skills
- At least 2 years of Accounting experience
- Self-driven motivator who takes initiative on projects with a strong ability to understand and solve creative challenges
- Fully formed organizational, written and verbal communication skills
- BA/BS or equivalent in Accounting, Finance or Economics preferred
- Reliable skills in Microsoft Office with excellent Excel skills
- Month end closings experience
- Comprehensive knowledge of account reconciliation
- Expertise in bank reconciliations
- Strong familiarity with financial reconciliation
- Demonstrated ability to work in a dynamic and constantly changing company environment
- Strong analytical skills, with the ability to exercise good judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analysis
- Strong attention to detail
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans