U.S. Army Reserve Command Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position:This is a Military Technician position with the US Army Reserves. Becoming a Military Technician allows you to experience the best of two worlds by taking advantage of the opportunity to become a Citizen Soldier in the US Army Reserve Military Technician program. This enables you to receive full civil service benefits and military reserve benefits. Military Technicians are a vital link between the US Army Reserves and civil service and are one of the most important keys to combat readiness.
This position is located:99th Regional Support Command (RSC), Area Maintenance Support Activity (AMSA) 113, located in Chambersburg, Pennsylvania,
Who May Apply: US Citizens
The duties of this position include:
- Perform repairs on various types of equipment.
- Replace components when needed.
- Perform preventive maintenance on vehicles.
- Complete body work.
- Inspect and troubleshoot equipment.
- Occasional Travel
- The business travel requirement is 10%.
- Relocation costs may be paid if the selecting official determines the relocation is in the best interests of the government.
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Questions? This job is open to 1 group.
- This position requires membership in the U.S Army Reserves (USAR).
- Rhis position requires a Personnel Security Investigation
- This position is subject to Drug Abuse Testing Program requirements.
- This position requires a Class "A" CDL within 90 days of employment
- This position requires a medical examination prior to employment.
Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience.
Screen Out Element: Ability to do the work of an Heavy Mobile Equipment Repairer without more than normal supervision. To meet the screen out element, applicants should document experience or show the ability to do the following: maintenance, repairs, and replacements to component parts of heavy mobile equipment, perform preventive maintenance checks and services; conduct basic operational inspections to insure the vehicles are properly serviced; and operate equipment to check work. - Failure to meet this Screen out Element will result in an ineligible rating.
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency (knowledge, skills, and abilities) in the following area:
- Ability To Do The Work Of The Position Without More Than Normal Supervision
- Ability To Interpret Instructions, Specification, etc. (includes blueprinting reading)
- Ability To Use and Maintain Tools and Equipment
- Knowledge of Equipment Assembly, Installation, Repair, etc.
- Technical Practices (theoretical, precise, artistic)
- Trouble shooting
- Use of Measuring Instruments
Physical Effort Required: You may be required to work in tiring or uncomfortable positions for long periods. Work frequently requires climbing on top of equipment or crawling under equipment to work on the various components. You will frequently have to bend, reach, stretch and crouch. Work is strenuous, often requiring the lifting and carrying of items weighing up to 40 pounds. You will also push, pull, and turn heavy parts and equipment. You will move heavier items with assistance of other workers.
Working Conditions: Work inside and outside where you will be exposed to drafts, dirt, grease and vehicle fumes. You will be exposed to some inclement weather such as rain, snow, cold, and freezing temperatures; and may be required to work in mud and wet or icy areas when outdoors. Subject to burns, scrapes, cuts, bruises, shocks and strains.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- This is a Career Program (CP) CP-17 position.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- You may claim military spouse preference, see the information in the Military Spouse Preference Under Delegated Examining Procedures information sheet.
- Multiple positions may be filled from this announcement.
- Salary is based on local prevailing rate.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476452800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-12 to 2017-08-25
Salary: $21.93 to $25.59 / per hour
Pay scale & grade: WG 8
Series: 5803 Heavy Mobile Equipment Mechanic
Appointment type: Permanent
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NCDE171850075967D
Control number: 476452800