Fifth Third Bank Manager Workforce Management in CINCINNATI, Ohio
Fifth Third Bank is one of the top-performing banks in the country, with a heritage that spans more than 150 years. As The curious bank, we've staked our claim on looking at things differently, at being better listeners and at showing more commitment. We employ about 19,000 people, and what we offer is:
This applies to our relationships with customers and employees alike.
A chance for employees to build their future, with supportive career development and financial welln ess programs.
An environment where we win together. We celebrate achievement and work collaboratively. We're also a two-time Gallup Great Workplace honoree.
An invitation to impact lives in a positive and lasting way. Everything we do is geared toward improving lives. That's fun and exciting.
It comes down to the fact that Fifth Third is a warm and caring place to with which to grow - as a customer or as a team member.
Fifth Third Bank is proud to have an engaged and inclusive culture and to promote and ensure equal employment opportunity in all employment decisions regardless of race, color, gender, national origin, religion, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, veteran status or any other legally protected status.
Information Technology's vision is to be recognized as an industry-leading services company by efficiently delivering solutions and services our customers can rely on. We strive to create a business-focused team that drives significant value for the Company while building customer-centric service delivery models through the integration of technologies, data, and processes. Our customers' trust is earned through the effective delivery of resilient, secure products and services while balancing business needs with industry and regulatory requirements.
* Fifth Third Information Technology is comprised of several areas including:*
Commercial IT, Consumer IT, Payments IT, Infrastructure IT, Enterprise and Corporate Applications as well as IT Security and Risk.
The Senior Manager, Workforce Management is accountable to lead the workforce management
function, and will be responsible for delivering scheduling and forecasting policies, programs and
tools, ensuring the effective and efficient use of resources,insupport of the employee and
Responsible and accountable for risk by openly exchanging ideas and opinions, elevating
concerns, and personally following policies and procedures as defined. Accountable for always
doing the right thing for customers and colleagues, and ensuresthatactions and behaviors drive a
positive customer experience. While operating within the Bank's risk appetite, achieves results by
consistently identifying, assessing, managing, monitoring, and reporting risks of all types.
-Accountable to lead the workforce management function and will be responsible for capacity
planning to optimize customer / client and employee experience, ensuring the consistent
application of WFM, HR and legal related principles/requirements.
- Ensures LOB scheduling and forecasting functions are delivered and optimized to ensure the
FTE plan is achieved and proactively makes recommendations to senior leadership for
improvement in scheduling operations, hiring practices and employeeexperience.- Routinely gauges
the current productivity, capacity and staffing resources across the Bancorp, using economics and
analysis to drive recommendations.
Reviews and validates analysis and reporting produced by team for established standards.
Leads the delivery of WFM process optimization, implementation of WFM best practices and
reporting, analysis and database management.
- Prioritizes WFM projects and ad hoc requests including resource allocation (within WFM and
enterprise wide, among line of business owners).
- Maintains a culture of risk management and control, to achieve a strategic balance of risk and
- Keeps abreast of emerging issues, trends, and evolving regulatory requirements and assess
potential impacts to the Bank.
- Ensures that business operations are in compliance with applicable internal and external
requirements (e.g. financial controls).
- Works closely with key business leaders and reports to optimize the organizations resources
and leverage our operating model to maximize efficiency, effectiveness and scale.
- Leverages deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and align others to that
vision. Be known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening and engaging
others to provide input in the shaping of that vision.
- Builds for the future and provides people leadership; oversees people plans and strategies to
attract, motivate and retain a highly diverse, qualified and engaged human resource base to fulfill
current and future business needs.
Solid understanding of business units; keep current on industry standards.
Maintains strong knowledge of WFM and Analytical Tools (Access, Excel) Ensures reporting
team training on the same.
- Provide mentoring and coaching to assigned team(s).
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- 4 year degree or equivalent experience required in an analytical field such as Business,
Engineering, Finance, Mathematics, Statistics or Supply Chain Management.
- 10+years related experience, requiring a deep knowledge of retail banking operations, and
superior knowledge of WFM technologies, best practice and processes or equivalent experience.
- Proven ability in leveraging deep subject matter expertise to develop and deploy a vision and
align others to that vision. Be known for providing creative thought leadership while also listening
and engaging others to provide input in the shapingofthat vision.
- People leadership is key in this function - both the ability to effectively work in teams across
the bank with multiple stakeholders and to influence and align others.
- Demonstrated experience successfully leading large scale change / people change initiatives,
engaging employees through such change.
- Demonstrated relationship building skills, with a superior ability to make things happen through
the use of positive influence.
- Strong negotiation skills are essential, able to work through others to achieve goals, garner
Excellent analytical skills in assessing risk, issues and challenging the status quo.
Proven ability to impact the customer experience and exceed customer expectations at every
- Results driven individual with a history of making an impact, developing and executing on
strategies and delivering superior results in both the short and long term.
Strong leadership skills and able to work within a matrixed organization.
Able to manage multiple projects and adapt to rapidly changing priorities in the work
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office software, including Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.