Software Specialists Inc PMO Sr. Project Leader in Columbia, South Carolina
Candidate Technical Background:
- SDLC Project Management experience
- IT Leadership experience on multiple concurrent project teams
- MS Office, including MS Visio
- MS Project
- PMP Certification (Highly Desired)
- Experience writing scope / design / implementation documents
- Can speak intelligently about the methodologies they have worked with
- The Project Leader (PL) is responsible for all project management activities in a matrixed project environment utilizing waterfall/PMBOK-based methodology. The project environment is fast-paced and deadline-focused. The successful PL is able to: work independently while keeping management informed, handle deadline pressures, and effectively escalate project issues.
- The PL is accountable for the delivery of projects on time, on budget, and on target.
- Facilitating project team through the definition of scope, requirements, and design.
- Responsible for authoring (using input from project team) required project documentation, including scope document, design document, and implementation document.
- Responsible for facilitating the WBS process and translating WBS into an MS-Project project schedule, detailed to an 8/80 level of granularity.
- Responsible for keeping the project schedule updated throughout the project life cycle, and for managing a change control process to reflect changes in requirements, deliverables, dates, or budget.
- Responsible for facilitating the identification of project risks and issues, and tracking these through the project life cycle.
- Responsible for coordination of customer testing, with the assistance of a Test Analyst on larger projects.
- Responsible for scheduling, facilitating and recapping project team meetings.
- Responsible for the escalation of project issues, and for communications of project status to all levels of management on both customer and I/S side.
- Must be able to work on-site (no remote work)
- Must be able and willing to work overtime when project needs dictate, including weekends.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills and ability to work in a large, complex environment.
- (20%) Develops and monitors project plans, risk management plans, and project documentation from scope to post implementation. Ensures project documentation and deliverables are complete, on budget, within scope, and in accordance with standards.
- (20%) Identifies items that impact the scope, budget, risk, and resources of the work effort. Monitors resource requirements based on project specifications. Ensures resources are assigned to meet project objectives while managing project hours budgeted.
- (20%) Responsible for the development, execution, and maintenance of project communications. Facilitates effective communications between all parties involved in the project and/or work efforts. This will include meetings, correspondence, status reports and other documentation.
- (20%) Identifies the impact of issues arising from the work efforts and/or resource requirements. Manages the project issues throughout the project life cycle. Communicates the implications of changes to the project scope with senior management and other appropriate parties.
- (10%) Responsible for ensuring all work efforts have appropriate documentation for audit purposes utilizing project methodology standards in accordance with the ISSM.
- (10%) Coaches, develops, mentors other team members. May provide guidance and leadership to staff pertaining to training and department initiatives. May provide oversight for a group of work efforts as requested. May perform peer reviews of project artifacts.
Required / Desired:
- Bachelor’s Degree (Any Major), Required
- OR Extra 4 years of related work experience, Required 11 Years
- IT experience in a leadership capacity on multiple concurrent project teams, Required 7 Years
- MS Office Experience, Required, 5 Years
- MS Visio Experience, Required, 5 Years
- MS Project Experience, Required, 5 Years
- RFS/RFI, Required, 3 Years
Employment Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months
Pay Rate: 38.14 - 53.14