Manpower Program Professional in Englewood, Colorado
You can see it. A company that offers you a career, not just a job. A place where you’re challenged to innovate and encouraged to apply your talent and knowledge. That empowers you and expects you to make decisions that will propel the growth of its business. A company that relies on you to lead that growth. If that’s where you see yourself, TAPFIN has a career opportunity for you!
JOIN THE TAPFIN TEAM!
Under the direction of the Program Director, this role is responsible for overall management all aspects of the Contingent Workforce Solutions (CWS) program for an assigned client located in Englewood, CO.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE A DIFFERENCE:
Daily duties would include managing the subvendor / supplier program and its population and its day-to-day operations (implementing and managing the requisition /submittal process and overseeing job placement, subvendor selection and contract negotiations, day-do-day troubleshooting and problem resolution, managing the on-going relationships and communication, performing periodic benchmarking of the subvendor population, etc.). Additionally responsible for maximizing customer satisfaction, maintaining and building new relationships, expectation management and issue/conflict resolution (services and grows the contractor / subcontractor population, managing client and contractor / subcontractor expectations and troubleshooting and issue resolution, etc.).
• Establishes and develops manager relationships within assigned clients and expands existing manager relationships to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
• Implement and manage sub-vendor / supplier program for assigned clients, further refining throughout the process, ensuring optimum customer satisfaction; ensure proper selection and solid negotiations in the sub-vendor and supplier contracting process, to ensure the maximum profitability.
• Manage the day-to-day CWS operations for their respective program, which include, implementation and management of the requisition process for assigned client, prioritization of orders and requisitions.
• Communicates with field staff, keeps them informed, and shares information regarding contractors, subcontractors and client needs; Facilitate the resolution of conflicts between the client and suppliers
• Work in conjunction with suppliers, ensures remarkets and contract extensions by maintaining awareness of client project progress, including end dates and extensions, to maximize business opportunities
• Responsible for ensuring resolution to the day-to-day issues that arise among the contractor/subcontractor population, within their respective program. Reports issues to respective supplier for resolution
• Plan, organize and conduct quarterly performance reviews of the sub-vendors to monitor their performance to TAPFIN service level agreements; including periodic benchmarking of sub-vendor population for comparison and evaluation purposes
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Bachelor's degree strongly preferred, or equivalent experience in business or related field, and a minimum of two years of staffing industry experience in a vendor on-site, on-premise or account management MSP/Supplier role.
• Must have proven negotiation, verbal/written communications skills, ability to deal effectively with suppliers/candidates at all levels, troubleshooting and problem solving skills and handle multiple priorities and function in a fast paced, team orientated environment
ManpowerGroup is an EOE/AA/Vets/Disabled Employer
Job: Business Operations
Title: Program Professional
Requisition ID: 0016700