Valeant Pharmaceuticals Vision Care Territory Manager- Louisville West, KY (Evansville, IN; Owensboro, Bowling Green, & Paducah, KY) in Evansville, Indiana
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is a diverse and decentralized pharmaceutical company that is committed to focusing on our key stakeholders while delivering consistently high performance. Our values provide the overall direction for our company, and provide us with the tools necessary to rise to any challenge by leveraging our collective hard work and effort along with our unwavering competitive spirit. These values help us set goals based on our organization’s potential and what we hope it will become.
Our Territory Managers are responsible for conducting sales calls with eye doctors (optometrists, ophthalmologists) and other optical specialists to promote our contact lenses and contact lens solutions using consultative selling approach. This includes private/independent doctors as well as retail optical establishments. Territory Managers develop and maintain effective routing and zoning plans for their territory, develop and implement account specific programs and business plans, and are strategic agents to the expansion of Bausch + Lomb product utilization in an account and portfolio selling.
What does it take to achieve success in this role?
• ‘In-it-to-win-it’ attitude and work style.
• Disciplined and action-oriented approach to selling and time management.
• Solid understanding of decision impact on growth & profitability of Bausch + Lomb and customers.
• Leader in understanding our customers and their needs to drive business.
• Self-starter, outgoing, upbeat and looking for a career not just another job.
• Demonstrated ability to understand customer’s and companies financial data, business models & profit drivers, and can evaluate sales strategies in light of ultimate financial impact on company.
• Demonstrated experience in pre-call planning and identification of all likely outcomes to address customer concerns. Be familiar with physician segmentation to understand their motivations. Make account trust that you are someone who can help them.
• By 6 months, lead sales conversation with doctors by challenging and persuading them to change their lens fitting habits. Build agreement at each point in the sales process and proactively remove barriers. Close for action.
• Persistence to adapt approach to meet and exceed business objectives when faced with an obstacle or a customer concern.
• Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive, ethical customer relationships.
• Strong planning and organizing skills; treats the territory as a business; creates a plan for the territory and executes tactics to achieve goals; considers required investment and financial impact in developing customer strategies.
• Demonstrated ability to be proficient with company technology devices (Laptop, iPad, iPhone, etc.) for territory management and product orders.
Vision Care New Hire Sales Training Program Summary
All candidates for positions available in the US Vision Care sales organization need to be aware of the time & travel commitment they will need to make to ensure proper training prior to accepting a position within Bausch + Lomb.
There will be an approximately 10- 15 week period during which the trainee may be asked to:
Attend a 2 week new hire training course in Bridgewater, NJ
Attend at least 1 National Sales Meeting (1 week in length)
Co-Travel with a Field Sales Trainer and a Field Mentor (approximately 3-4 weeks total sometime during the 15 week program. Need for flights and overnight travel will vary depending on geography)
Attend any Regional meetings as scheduled and requested by the Regional Business Director
Bausch + Lomb is one of the best-known and most respected healthcare brands in the world, offering the widest and finest range of eye health products including contact lenses and lens care products, pharmaceuticals, intraocular lenses and other eye surgery products. The company is solely dedicated to protecting and enhancing the gift of sight for millions of people around the world – from the moment of birth through every phase of life. Our mission is simple yet powerful: Helping you see better to live better.
College or University graduate
3+ years sales experience.
Ability to deliver effective sales presentations
Ability to problem solve and close
Strong analytical skills necessary.
Computer skills, strong written and verbal communication skills.
Valid driver’s license to travel to customer locations (some overnights may be required)
Valeant is an EEO/AA employer M/F/D/V.
Be Aware of Recruiting Fraud
Job Applicants should be aware of job offer scams perpetrated through the use of the Internet and social media platforms.
To learn more please read.
Refer this job to a friend
Sorry the Share function is not working properly at this moment. Please refresh the page and try again later.
Valeant Pharmaceuticals International, Inc. is committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity/Disability/Vet
Job ID 9558
Pos. Type Full Time