Willis Sr. Claims Advocate in Fairfax, Virginia
Sr. Claims Advocate Location: Fairfax, VA
_The Company _ Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees in more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas – the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com.
The Business Corporate risk and broking We know how companies can unlock potential through effective risk management. Our clients rely on us to craft strategies to quantify, mitigate, and transfer risk, taking advantage of our specialist industry experience and unparalleled market know-how. The result is a new way of embracing risk that drives superior results. The Willis Relocation Risk Group is a wholly owned business unit of the Willis Towers Watson, the third largest insurance brokerage firm in the world and the only multinational firm with a specific global focus on the global mobility industry. We offer insurance, risk management and claims products and services designed specifically for the international mobility industry. Our clients are located throughout the world and our dynamic team works in a customer focused environment with opportunities to demonstrate and develop our employee’s professional talent. The Role The Senior Claims Advocate provides operations and claims process support via the receiving, reviewing and distribution of incoming insurance claims, as well as the entry of data into claims and payment processing systems. Additional tasks may include but are not limited to preparing reports, as well as assist in fielding and resolving client inquiries pertaining to insurance related products and services. Responsibilities:
- Work effectively as a team player with client and office staff or on individually assigned tasks.
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems, with the aim of resolving challenges by advising on action to take to avoid a repeat of the same issue.
- Interface with claim team members in Asia, Europe and payment team members India
- Process incoming service requests, working directly with client to obtain required information
- Acknowledge incoming claims and/or receipt of requested information.
- Interface with clients to answer question regarding insurance coverage and claims process.
- Assist clients with the use of a proprietary data entry system, answering functionality questions and addressing concerns.
- Administer daily/weekly reports and distribute to appropriate parties.
- Provide support and back-up to account managers.
- Answering the phone; logging and directing the calls to the appropriate people.
- Distribution of relevant documentation and policies to various clients.
- Monitoring various email inboxes and directing messages to the appropriate individual.
- Prepares outgoing email communications to domestic and international clients and claimants.
- Accounting, Finance, Reporting, Attention to Detail, Deadline-Oriented, Reporting, Research Results, Confidentiality, Superior Time Management and Prioritization Skills, Data Entry Management, Excellent Working Knowledge of MS-Office products, especially Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Knowledge of the International Relocation Industry, specifically household goods claims is a plus.
- 2 to 3 years of clerical experience, insurance and/or claims related is a plus.
- Good writing and oral skills.
- Ability to exercise analytical and critical judgment skills.
- Ability to multitask and meet deadlines.
- Ability to communicate in a foreign language is desirable.
_Any unsolicited resumes/candidate profiles submitted through our web site or to personal e-mail accounts of employees of Willis Towers Watson are considered property of Willis Towers Watson and are not subject to payment of agency fees. In order to be an authorized Recruitment Agency/Search Firm for Willis Towers Watson, any such agency must have an existing formal written agreement signed by an authorized Willis Towers Watson recruiter and an active working relationship with the organization. Resumes must be submitted according to our candidate submission process, which includes being actively engaged on the particular search. Likewise, for our authorized Recruitment Agencies/Search Firms, if the candidate submission process is not followed, no agency fees will be paid by Willis Towers Watson.
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, status as a protected veteran, or disability._
*Equal Employment Opportunity: *Know your rights.
Job Title: Sr. Claims Advocate
Job Function: Claims
Date Posted: 7/17/2017
Location: Fairfax, VA
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Job Number: JO-1707-21428