Continental Corporation Product Manager, PTG in Fairlawn, Ohio
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 227,000 employees in 56 countries. As a division in the Continental Corporation, ContiTech is one of the world's leading industrial specialists. Its customers can be found in key industries such as machine and plant engineering, mining, the agricultural industry, and the automotive industry. With around 43,000 employees in 44 countries, the company uses its development and material expertise for products and systems made of rubber, polyamide, metal, textile, and electronic components to combine these with individual services. ContiTech always thinks in terms of customer-friendly and environmentally-friendly solutions – going well and truly beyond its roots as a producer of rubber products. With sales of approximately €5.5 billion (2016), this international technology partner is active with core branches in Europe, Asia, North and South America.
Auto req ID 71494BR
Job Title Product Manager, PTG
Country United States
Posting Location Fairlawn, OH
Product Manager will manage the product portfolios for Continental Contitech’s Power Transmission business in the Distribution channel, leading to increased revenue and margins through strategic, sustainable, profitable growth, and the delivery of effective and creative channel, product, pricing and marketing programs and services.
Principle duties & responsibilities:
• Power Transmission Product Commercialization: Responsible for working with Sales, Marketing management, Engineering, and Distribution to further develop Continental’s power transmission business in the Distribution channel. Top priority is to develop and release new and compelling Marketing support material to increase brand awareness and market share for Continental. Create programs and promotions for the Distribution channel which are designed to create additional demand. Develop pullthrough advertising campaigns aimed at the Industrial Consumer to create demand for our PT products through Distribution.
• Strategic Initiatives: Key focus on revenue growth in all primary markets served, with an emphasis on increasing revenue for the SynchroChain product line. Direct the Sales team to focus on end user PT applications, compiling competitive information and market information. Work directly with Sales and customers on product and program solutions.
• Market Strategies: Develop and execute market strategies for both near and long term success, as well as product strategies and programs, including managing and further developing the product line to drive sustainable, profitable growth.
• Inventory Levels: Work with Operations and the Distribution Centers to manage proper inventory levels to meet customer demand, and reduce idle and obsolete inventories where necessary. Manage the teams at Moberly and the supply chain to work within the strategies of PT Marketing to meet designated annual inventory metrics.
• Revenue Focus: Increase revenue through promotion and development of Marketing and distributor promotional programs to meet established, annual revenue targets.
• Pricing: Create margin improvement through pricing management, inventory control, price increases and inventory reduction efforts. Manage and monitor pricing through the Pricing team. Facilitate quarterly pricing/margin reviews with pricing specialist or pricing manager.
• Reporting: Utilize SAP, Salesforce.com and Qlikview to monitor OTIF, Billings, Backlogs and Sales, monitor sales and customer trends, and make recommendations utilizing these tools.
• Field Sales Support: Upon request, periodically work alongside CTM’s in the marketplace to promote Continental power transmission products at the industrial consumer.
• Training: Develop and lead product training programs for ContiTech Sales and the Distribution channel.
• Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Engineering, or related field.
• 35 years experience in business to business sales and/or marketing and/or engineering, preferably with an emphasis in power transmission products.
• Strong presentation skills.
• Strong customer relationship skills.
• Very good time management and organizational abilities.
• Good skill sets in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
• Strong multitasking skills.
• Ability to travel approximately 10%.
Bachelor’s degree in Business, Marketing, Industrial Distribution, Engineering, or related field.
3 - 5 years experience in business to business sales and/or marketing and/or engineering, preferably with an emphasis in Power Transmission Products.
Strong presentation skills.
Strong customer relationship skills.
Very good time management and organizational abilities.
Good skill sets in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
Strong multitasking skills.
Ability to travel approximately 10%.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.