Army Tank-Automotive and Armament Command (TACOM) LOGISTICS MANAGEMENT SPECIALIST in Fort Belvoir, Virginia
About the Agency
Civilian employees serve a vital role in supporting the Army mission. They provide the skills that are not readily available in the military, but crucial to support military operations. The Army integrates the talents and skills of its military and civilian members to form a Total Army.
About the Position: This position is located in the U.S. Army, TACOM Life Cycle Management Command (LCMC), Integrated Logistics Support Center - Soldier & Chem Bio R & S Directorate, Clothing and Heraldry Product Support Integration Directorate (C&H; PSID). The C&H; PSID serves as the service item control center for clothing, individual equipment, tentage, and limited Class I support. The C&H; PSID is also the Army's manager for Heraldics, Medals, selected General Officer items, VIP and Presidential Awards.
This is a "Temporary" promotion, not to exceed 1 year, however, it may be extended for the maximum time period of up to 5 years. This temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
Who May Apply: Only applicants who meet one of the employment authority categories below are eligible to apply for this job. You will be asked to identify which category or categories you meet, and to provide documents which prove you meet the category or categories you selected. See Proof of Eligibility for an extensive list of document requirements for all employment authorities.
- Current Civilian Employees of the Organization
- Current Department of Army Civilian Employees
- Interagency Career Transition Assistance Plan
- Priority Placement Program (PPP), Program S (Military Spouse) registrant
Serves as an expert Logistics Management Specialist as part of the Clothing and Heraldry Product Support Integration Directorate (C&H; PSID) Clothing and Individual Equipment - Logistics Support Office (CIE-LSO) directing, developing, and performing logistics management operations that involve planning, coordinating, and evaluating the execution of Integrated Logistics Support (ILS) for complex systems of Clothing and Individual Equipment (CIE) that encompass new and emerging technologies or complicated fielding requirements. Applies mastery knowledge of the concepts, principles and practices of ILS functions to the extent that the employee is capable of, applying new developments, experimental theories, and experienced judgment to solve novel or obscure problems and develop new approaches. Responsible for most or all of the logistics elements (i.e., maintenance planning; manpower and personnel; supply support; support and test equipment; training and training devices;technical data; computer resources support; and packaging, handling, storage,transportation, and facilities) for one or more acquisition programs. Incumbent will, as required, prepare or assist in the preparation of key logistics documents, such as Life Cycle Sustainment Plans (LCSPs), Acquisition Plans and Acquisition Strategies, Business Case Analysis (BCAs), Materiel Fielding Plans and Memoranda of Notification, and Basis of Issue plans (BOIs).
- Occasional Travel
- Business travel (TDY) of 10%
Who May Apply
This job is open to…
Status Candidates (Merit Promotion and VEOA Eligibles)
Questions? This job is open to 2 groups.
In order to qualify, you must meet the requirements described below. Experience refers to paid and unpaid experience, including volunteer work done through National Service programs (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) and other organizations (e.g., professional; philanthropic; religious; spiritual; community; student; social). You will receive credit for all qualifying experience, including volunteer experience. Your resume must clearly describe your relevant experience; if qualifying based on education, your transcripts will be required as part of your application. Additional information about transcripts is in this document.
To qualify based on your experience, your resume must describe at least one year of experience which prepared you to do the work in this job. Specialized experience is defined as: 1) manage supply and/or procurement activities in accordance with Defense Logistics Agency (DLA) policies and procedures for Class II items (heraldic and/or organization clothing and individual equipment); 2) track milestones of logistics programs/projects; and 3) interact with various organizations, commands, vendor, and customer. This definition of specialized experience is typical of work performed at the next lower grade/level position in the federal service (GS-12).
You will be evaluated on the basis of your level of competency in the following areas: Acquisition Strategy, Customer Service, Decision Support, Planning and Evaluating, and Technical Competence
Time in Grade Requirement: Applicants who have held a General Schedule (GS) position within the last 52 weeks must have 52 weeks of Federal service at the next lower grade or equivalent (GS-12).
Education cannot be substituted for experience at this grade/level.
Other Requirements: Click herefor expanded definitions.
- Male applicants born after December 31, 1959, must complete a Pre-Employment Certification Statement for Selective Service Registration.
- You will be required to provide proof of U.S. Citizenship.
- Two year trial/probationary period may be required.
- Appointment is subject to the completion of a favorable suitability or fitness determination.
- Direct Deposit of Pay is Required.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Security Clearance.
- This is an Army Acquisition, Technology, and Logistics (AT&L;) Workforce position. The employee must meet DoDI 5000.66 requirements applicable to the duties of the position. This position requires Level III (3) certification in the acquisition career field of Life Cycle Logistics within 24 months of assignment.
- This position requires the incumbent to submit a Financial Disclosure Statement, OGE-450, (5CFR Part 2634, Subpart I USOGE, 6/08). Executive Branch Personnel Confidential Financial Disclosure Report upon entering the position and annually, in accordance with DoD Directive 5500-7-R, Joint Ethics Regulation, dated 23 March 2006
- Occasional travel not to exceed 10% of the time.
What To Expect Next
If you provided an email address, you will receive an email message acknowledging receipt of your application. Your application package will be used to determine your eligibility, qualifications, and quality ranking for this position. If you are determined to be ineligible or not qualified, your application will receive no further consideration.
The documents you submit must support your responses to the online questionnaire. If your application contradicts or does not support your questionnaire responses, you will receive a rating of "not qualified" or "incomplete application" and you will not receive further consideration for this job.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online or need to fax a document you do not have in electronic form, view the following link for information regarding an Alternate Application.
- Selection is subject to restrictions resulting from Department of Defense referral system for displaced employees.
- If you have retired from federal service and you are interested in employment as a reemployed annuitant, see the information in the Reemployed Annuitant information sheet.
- This is a Career Program (CP) 13 position.
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/476764800. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Open & closing dates: 2017-08-11 to 2017-08-21
Salary: $94,796 to $123,234 / per year
Pay scale & grade: GS 13
Series: 0346 Logistics Management
Appointment type: Temporary Promotion - NTE 1 Year
Work schedule: Full-Time
Job announcement number: NEAG172010045930
Control number: 476764800