Entergy Operations Coordinator (Vegetation) in Grenada, Mississippi
Date: Nov 14, 2017
Location: Grenada, MS, US
Primary Location: Mississippi-Grenada
Job Function :Other
FLSA Status :Professional
Relocation Option: Not approved
Union description/code :NON BARGAINING UNIT-NBU
Number of Openings :1.00
Req ID: 74874
Travel Percentage :Up to 25%
· Safely perform functions of the Operations Coordinator in the Vegetation Management group as follows:
· Schedule, assign, and monitor work of contract vegetation crews to Entergy vegetation maintenance, commitment, and safety specifications,
· Work with Engineering and Line Department in planning new construction,
· Develop, maintain, and implement yearly maintenance plan for assigned areas,
· Perform field and accounting audits of contractor invoices. Be accountable for accuracy of contractor billing,
· Manage annual trimming budget for assigned areas,
· Contract Management including oversight of multiple contract projects, bidding procedures and analysis simultaneously with minimal direct supervision,
· Monitor reliability and implement improvement plans in assigned areas,
· Coordinate contract crews during emergency restoration,
· Positive customer service attitude in dealing with internal and external customers,
· Respond to all customer vegetation issues in accordance to the Customer Issue Resolution (CIR) process,
· Use of excellent communication and customer relations skills to maximize positive customer experience.
· Conflict mitigation
· Effectively communicate plan and status of all projects to internal customers,
· Participate in external customer communication and educational programs,
· Develop and promote strong safety leadership with co-workers and assigned contract workforce,
· Electric utility experience of safety processes, regulations & procedures (incl. Job Safety Analysis/Tailboards),
· Participate in core process improvement teams as required,
· Performance of all job duties within Entergy safety rules and guidelines,
· Use of Microsoft applications and Entergy applications to perform, track and document work,
Please submit a detailed resume in your application.
· Bachelor's degree (Forestry or related field and 2+ years utility vegetation management experience desired) OR 5+ years utility vegetation management / utility line management experience Desired,
· Proven safe work and driving record
· Must be able to work after hours and perform On Call duties and/or assist in storm restoration in other jurisdictions if needed.
· Physically able to work long and unusual hours and perform all job duties within Entergy safety rules and guidelines.
· Experience in Contract Management including oversight of multiple contracting teams, bidding procedures and analysis, and conflict management,
· Good PC Skills in Microsoft toolkit and corporate business applications,
· Good organizational skills/ability to manage multiple projects within deadlines,
· Working knowledge of electrical distribution systems, work procedures &/or maintenance operations,
· Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously with minimal direct supervision,
· Excellent communication & customer relations skills,
· Have or ability to obtain line clearance order certification,
· Distribution system map reading abilities.
Desired Qualification: To Be Obtained within 2 Years of Hire
· FEMA Emergency Management Institute - Incident Training (System Outage Response):
· Herbicide License with MS Dept. of Ag & Forestry,
· Certified Arborist ( International Society of Arboriculture).
EEO Statement: The Entergy System of Companies provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. The Entergy System of Companies complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment including, but not limited to, recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
The Entergy System of Companies expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of the Entergy System of Company employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Entergy provides reasonable accommodations for online applicants. Requests for a reasonable accommodation may be made orally or in writing by an applicant, employee, or third party on his or her behalf.
Additional Responsibilities: As a provider of essential services, Entergy expects its employees to be available to work additional hours, to work in alternate locations, and/or to perform additional duties in connection with storms, outages, emergencies, or other situations as deemed necessary by the company. Exempt employees may not be paid overtime associated with such duties.
Pre-employment Testing: One way that Entergy has found to identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs is through pre-employment testing. If this position does require an EEI test, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting. If you are invited to a test session, we strongly recommend you review and complete the practice test as well as review the testing brochure for your respective test. The test brochure will give you critical information on the test such as time allocated and number of questions. Also, keep in mind that the actual test is timed; you should practice timing yourself while doing the practice tests. The practice test information and test brochures can be located by going to the EEI website, http://www.eei.org/practicetests , Logon ID: entergy, password: practice test (2 words).
In addition to EEI testing there is also Fit-for-Duty testing which will identify and assess the abilities and skills needed for certain jobs. If this position does require Fit-for-Duty testing, the type of test will be located under the qualifications section of the job posting.
Nearest Major Market: Grenada
Job Segment: Operations Manager, Engineer, Electrical, Business Process, Operations, Engineering, Management