Honeywell Engineering Technician in Houston, Texas
Driving Infinite Possibilities Within A Diversified, Global Organization
Be part of a team of research engineers and technicians designing and executing cutting-edge applied corrosion research projects for client companies in the petroleum, petrochemical, transportation, and aerospace industries at a corrosion center of excellence and laboratory in Houston, Texas. You will conduct tests on materials and components involving corrosive environments, temperature, pressure and/or mechanical loading. You will provide engineers with results of testing, design and assembly of test apparatus. This will enable you to support new products, processes, standards or operational plans within the organization's business strategies, with a direct impact on the business results.
Grow and develop your technical knowledge in a team-based culture focused on innovation and customer satisfaction
Support the drive of new concepts, standards and processes across functional areas
Drive improvements in a challenging environment
40 Perform testing
25 Follow Testing Procedures
10 Record data
15 Comply with all safety requirements
10 Maintain work area for operation and cleanliness
* YOU MUST HAVE *
- High School Diploma or GED and minimum 1 year of experience working with lab procedures or with industrial pressure systems
* WE VALUE *
- Some experience in test support
- Have practical experience working with engineering equipment
- Be able to find effective solutions based on root causes; and apply six sigma procedures.
- Sound technical judgment and opinions.
- Good interpersonal skills with ability to work effectively with other individuals in a team or project setting.
- Individuals who are self-motivated and able to work with little supervision, who consistently take the initiative to get things done, do things before being asked by others or forced to by events.
- Ability to consistently make timely decisions even in the face of complexity, balancing systematic analysis with decisiveness.
Nonexempt Performance Materials and Technologies
- Continued Professional Development
- Job ID: HRD12999
- Category: Engineering
- Location: 11201 Greens Crossing Blvd, Houston, TX 77067 USA
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status.
Honeywell is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, religion, or veteran status.
For more information on applicable equal employment regulations, refer to the EEO is the Law poster .
Please refer to the EEO is the Law Supplement Poster & the Pay Transparency Policy .
If a disability prevents you from applying for a job through our website, request assistance here . No other requests will be acknowledged.
Terms & Conditions | Privacy Statement © 2017 Honeywell International Inc.