Robert Half Accountemps Sr. Accountant in Houston, Texas
Accountemps is looking for a talented Senior Accountant for a short term temporary opportunity. Operating as a Senior Accountant, you will be responsible for financial statement preparation and consolidation, account analysis and reconciliations, cash flow analysis, budgets and forecasting, audit preparation, and internal control maintenance and regulatory reporting. This Senior Accountant opportunity is located in the Houston, Texas area and will offer a great you a great professional experience along with attractive compensation. We are looking for a Senior Accountant who has excellent analytical skills and enjoys working in a challenging and fast paced environment to support the continued success of the firm. Apply today! Your responsibilities in this role - Dedication to continuously improve the automation of the accounting and reporting process - Execute monthly accounting close procedures and deliverables (journal entries, reconciliations, reports) in compliance with GAAP - Coordinate quarterly reviews and SOX testing with internal and external auditors - Put together Balance Sheet account reconciliations - Ready monthly consolidated P L and Balance Sheet flux analysis for management reporting - Build analysis on financial results (trends, performance metrics, benchmarks) - Achieve compliance with corporate accounting policies and procedures and controls by working with business partners - Take part in various department-wide initiatives - Ad-hoc projects as required
- BA/BS in Accounting, CPA credentials are preferred
- Understanding of corporate performance management (CPM) and business intelligence systems required
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Sharp, analytical thinking abilities, always seeking to draw connections and identify the "why"
- SEC reporting and SOX compliance is a plus
- Comfortable working in a changing and dynamic environment
- Proficiency in fixed assets
- Financial reconciliation experience
- Solid understanding of account reconciliation
- Outstanding skills in analyzing financial data and promptly generating accurate reports
- Seizes opportunities to produce results without direct supervision
- Current and relevant ERP system experience
- Demonstrated skills in interacting effectively, both verbally and in writing, with functional managers
- Prior experience in a public accounting environment is highly valued
- Excellent organizational and multitasking skills
Accountemps matches highly skilled professionals with accounting finance jobs at the best companies on a temporary and temporary-to-hire basis. Our mission is to provide you with a rewarding finance or accounting job that is well matched to your professional skills helping you to advance in your career. Our experience, combined with the resources of our worldwide network of offices, makes Accountemps a great resource for your career. We offer excellent opportunities to find temporary accounting and finance jobs for all experience levels. From accounting clerks and bookkeepers to accounts payable and staff accountants, we can provide you unparalleled access to exciting career opportunities. But don't take our word for it. Our company once again was named first in our industry on Fortune® magazine's list of "World's Most Admired Companies" (March 1, 2017), and 9 out of 10 of our customers would recommend our service to a colleague.
Contact your local Accountemps office at 888.670.5403 or visit www.accountemps.com to apply for this job now or find out more about other job opportunities.
All applicants applying for U.S. job openings must be authorized to work in the United States. All applicants applying for Canadian job openings must be authorized to work in Canada.
© 2017 Accountemps. An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Veterans