Datameer Cloud DevOps Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Datameer is the only end-to-end big data analytics application purpose-built for Hadoop that enables the fastest time from raw data to new insights. Our mission is to simplify the complexity of big data analytics and empower everyone to make data-driven decisions in minutes, not months. We believe you shouldn’t need a data scientist or multiple, technical tools to model, integrate, cleanse, prepare, analyze and visualize your data. Datameer is the one-stop-shop for getting all your data into Hadoop, analyzing that data, and visualizing your results.
We are one of Fast Company’s 50 most innovative tech companies. Our marquee investors of Silicon Valley include Kleiner Perkins, Redpoint Ventures, and Next World Capital, and ST Telemedia.
We continuing to grow and are hiring a Cloud DevOps Engineer in NY or SF.
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment, certification and testing infrastructure for big data analytics products against multiple cloud and on-premise platforms
- Design new strategies for optimizing all aspects of the certification, CI, release and deployment processes using latest cloud, container and virtualization techniques (Azure, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Work with cloud platform team colleague to design and build cloud agnostic integrations into common cloud data technologies
- Monitor, analyze and improve performance and cost of deployment, operation, build and CI processes
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of deep experience working in a cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with automated deployment technologies like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience w/ containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with automated provisioning of Hadoop environments (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR or others)
- Deep experience designing and implementing automated configuration management and deployment processes
- Experience working in Java based projects
- Experience working with product development teams in an Agile software development environment
- Expert shell scripting skills in Linux/Unix.
- Gradle experience as a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
Check us out!
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. *
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
**Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.