Datameer Cloud DevOps Engineer in Indianapolis, Indiana
Datameer is the only agile enterprise big data fabric that fuels faster, trusted data-driven insights anywhere. Datameer’s advanced data preparation, exploration and governance makes it easy to transform big data into curated data sets that feed any analytics initiatives using a hybrid architecture that spans on-premises and the cloud. Our mission is to help organizations deliver new insights faster and operationalize them immediately, democratizing data to all reaches of the business and increasing their business agility.
We continuing to grow and are hiring a Cloud DevOps Engineer in NY or SF.
- Develop, maintain and optimize automated deployment, certification and testing infrastructure for big data analytics products against multiple cloud and on-premise platforms
- Design new strategies for optimizing all aspects of the certification, CI, release and deployment processes using latest cloud, container and virtualization techniques (Azure, AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes)
- Work with cloud platform team colleague to design and build cloud agnostic integrations into common cloud data technologies
- Monitor, analyze and improve performance and cost of deployment, operation, build and CI processes
Experience and Requirements:
- 3+ years of deep experience working in a cloud environment like AWS, Azure, GCP
- Experience with automated deployment technologies like Ansible, Chef or Puppet
- Experience w/ containerization technologies: Docker, Kubernetes
- Experience with automated provisioning of Hadoop environments (Cloudera, Hortonworks, MapR or others)
- Deep experience designing and implementing automated configuration management and deployment processes
- Experience working in Java based projects
- Experience working with product development teams in an Agile software development environment
- Expert shell scripting skills in Linux/Unix.
- Gradle experience as a plus
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn rapidly and master diverse technologies and techniques
Check us out!
*We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin. *
Qualified applicants with criminal histories will be considered for the position in a manner consistent with the Fair Chance Ordinance.
**Note to Recruiters and Placement Agencies: Datameer does not accept unsolicited agency resumes. Datameer will not pay fees to any third party recruitment agency or firm in the absence of a signed agreement and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes received will be considered property of Datameer.