Defense Finance and Accounting Service Emergency Management Specialist (Bus Continuity Planner) in Indianapolis, Indiana
About the Agency
DFAS' (Defense Finance and Accounting Service) mission is to lead the DoD (Department of Defense) in finance and accounting by ensuring the delivery of efficient, exceptional quality pay and financial information. We take pride in serving the men and women who defend America. DFAS is seeking goal-oriented people who like a challenge and care about serving our country. We offer rewarding careers in finance, accounting, information systems, contracting services, human resources, clerical work and many other areas.
Who may apply: DFAS Permanent Federal Civilian Employees.
The position of Emergency Management Specialist (Bus Continuity Planner) is located at DFAS Dir-Site Support Office in Indianapolis, Indiana.
The following link will help you determine if you meet the eligibility to apply for this position: http://www.dfas.mil/careers/howtoapply/vacancyannouncement/appointment-eligibility.html
PLEASE NOTE: You will be considered only for those appointment eligibilities for which you select, attach supporting documentation and are found eligible.
- Provides Agency-level Business Continuity Planning to include employing all subject areas of the common body of knowledge of Business Continuity Planning, which includes creating, testing, and evaluating plans at all Operational levels.
- Evaluates customer responses to requirements for business continuity planning and assist in identifying additional strategies for continued operations utilizing an all hazards approach.
- Identify risks and internal controls in DFAS business continuity planning effort to ensure compliance with proper operational directives.
- Analyzes the assets, systems, and capabilities needed to perform Mission Essential Functions and make recommendations regarding acceptable levels of risk for DFAS operations.
- Monitors and evaluates the execution of the contingency plans, identifies deviations and assist in development and implementation of corrective action and improvement plans based on feasibility and compliance with target objectives.
- Provides support and coordination with, Defense Agencies and other various governmental agencies related to contingency planning or disaster response efforts to include contingency plans, objectives, priorities, procedures, and policy issues.
- Supports all Agency Emergency Management and Mission Assurance Programs, to include but not limited to: Contingency planning, Defense Critical Infrastructure, Safety, Force Protection, Cyber Security and Protection, and Information Assurance efforts.
- Provides program planning, assessment, coordination and advisory services to functional areas, in order to facilitate contingency planning and continuity of operation efforts in spite of failures caused by weather, accidents, equipment breakdown, connectivity interruption, attacks or other unexpected events.
- Occasional Travel
- Seldom (1-24%)
- Must be a U.S Citizen or National
- Background Investigation
- Registered for Selective Service (males born after 12-31-1959)
- Suitable for federal employment
- Served 3 months after initial competitive appointment into Federal Service
One year of specialized experience equivalent in level of difficulty and responsibility to that of the next lower grade (GS-11) within the federal service, which demonstrates the ability to perform the duties of the position, is required.
Specialized experience at the GS-12 grade level is defined as: experience serving as a senior Business Continuity Planner, providing oversight and program management for multiple programs, defining, establishing and maintaining roles and responsibilities for these programs; providing Organization-level Business Continuity Planning to include training on sound continuity principles, and serving as coordinator and advisor, communicating to management and internal/external customers on various projects.
At the GS-12 level: Education is not substitutable for specialized experience at this grade level.
Time-in-Grade: Current or former federal employees who have held a GS position in the preceding 52 weeks, must meet the time in grade requirement. Applicant must have served 52 weeks as a GS-11 or higher grade in Federal Service. Time after Competitive Appointment: Candidates must have served 3 months after latest competitive appointment in the Federal service. Background or Security Investigation: This is a Critical Sensitiveposition or this position requires a Top Secret clearance. Employment in this position requires a background investigation which may delay your starting date. If you are selected and cannot obtain a favorable security determination within a reasonable period of time due to disclosed or undisclosed background issues, the employment offer may be withdrawn. Individuals selected for this position are required to obtain and maintain a favorable security determination to occupy a sensitive position within the agency as a condition of employment. Failure to maintain eligibility to occupy a sensitive position may result in termination. For more information see the security section of Understanding Vacancy Announcements.
What To Expect Next
The occupational questionnaire and the resume that you submit will be used to assess your qualifications for the job, and to identify the best qualified applicants to be referred to the hiring manager for further consideration and possible interviews. We will notify you of the outcome after each of these steps has been completed. After making a tentative job offer, we will conduct a suitability/security background investigation.
Review our benefits
- If you are unable to apply online, view the following link for information regarding Alternate Application.
- Moving expenses will notbe paid.
- We may use this announcement to make a temporary promotion. For some positions, the temporary promotion may be made permanent without further competition.
- Selections are subject to restrictions resulting from the DoD Program for Stability of Civilian Employment.
- A two year probationary or trial period may be required.
- We may use this announcement to fill additional vacancies within 120 days of the closing date.
- This position is Exempt from the Fair Labor Standards Act.
- Travel requirement is Seldom (1-24%).
- This position is not covered by a bargaining unit.
- Retired Civil Service Employee: Employment of retired Federal employees receiving an annuity is subject to the requirements of the Department of Defense (DoD) policy guidance. (See DoD Instruction 1400.25, Volume 300, at http://www.dtic.mil/whs/directives)
This job originated on www.usajobs.gov. For the full announcement and to apply, visit www.usajobs.gov/GetJob/ViewDetails/472437300. Only resumes submitted according to the instructions on the job announcement listed at www.usajobs.gov will be considered.
Salary Range: $72,663.00 to $94,465.00 / Per Year
Series & Grade: GS-0089-12/12
Promotion Potential: 12
Supervisory Status: No
Who May Apply: Agency Employees Only.
Control Number: 472437300
Job Announcement Number: IN-10017775-17