Wyndham Worldwide Lifeguard - Seasonal Part Time - WorldMark Indio in Indio, California
Lifeguard - Seasonal Part Time - WorldMark Indio
The Lifeguard’s primary responsibility is the safety of the owners and guests at the resort. This position is the first responder for any incident that may occur in the pool area(s). He/she will be required to provide medical attention or conduct a water rescue if necessary. In addition, the Lifeguard provides Count On Me service for the resort’s owners and guests.
As secondary responsibilities, the Lifeguard is responsible for communicating and assisting guests with their needs or inquiries, keeping the pool area(s) clean, organizing furniture, and providing towels to the guests. As part of the Activities Department, the Lifeguard may also be asked to assist in resort activities and events.
Essential Job Functions
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
1. Monitor the pool and surrounding areas. Ensure that the pool area is safe and secure at all times. Communicate with guests to make them aware of the safety rules of the pool area(s). Provide medical attention and conduct water rescues if necessary. (80% time)
2. Assist with execution of resort activities and events. Set up and take down resort activities and events. Assists with organization and execution of activities’ programs in the pool area. (10% time)
3. Attend resort and company trainings and meetings. Complete training and certifications as required by company’s standards. (5% time)
4. Performs other duties as needed (5% time)
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- High school diploma or equivalent.
b) Training requirements
- Must be a certified lifeguard. Life Saving/Water Safety, CPR, First Aid Certification
c) Knowledge and skills
Excellent communication skills
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules and procedural manuals
Ability to write simple reports
Ability to use simple tracking systems
Ability to give high priority to customer service
Ability to solve problems with minimal additional guidance
Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
Ability to demonstrate good judgment when dealing with guests and staff members
Create a positive work environment by maintaining the highest level of ethics, integrity, and safety consistent with applicable regulatory standards and Wyndham Vacation Ownership values.
Ability to work an adjusted work schedule, including evenings, weekend and holidays to meet resort operating demands
d) Technical Skills
e) Job experience
- Zero (0) to six (6) months of related work experience
Unless there is a legal requirement, experience will be accepted for the education requirement.
Job: Hotel/Resort Operations
Primary Location: United States of America- California-Indio
Employee Status: Temporary
Organization: WVO - Resort Management
Job Posting: Apr 20, 2017, 9:05:16 PM
Requisition ID: 1706369