State Street Service Desk Specialist, Officer in Irvine, California
Across the globe, institutional investors rely on us to help them manage risk, respond to challenges, and drive performance and profitability. We keep our clients at the heart of everything we do, and smart, engaged employees are essential to our continued success.
Our promise to maintain an environment where every employee feels valued and able to meet their full potential infuses our company values. It’s also part of our commitment to inclusion, development and engagement, and corporate social responsibility. You’ll have tools to help balance your professional and personal life, paid volunteer days, and access to employee networks that help you stay connected to what matters to you. Join us.
State Street is an Affirmative Action/ Equal Opportunity Employer/Vet/Disability.
State Street is seeking a service desk specialist to work in a team environment supporting one of our largest clients. This roll will be on the clients campus working alongside in-house Development teams in supporting all self-supporting applications along with ALL Microsoft applications, Citrix environments, VMware software and remote connectivity software.
Hardware environment consist of: DELL Desktops.pple and Microsoft laptops.icoh and Xerox printers.
Main Job Tasks and Responsibilities
- Respond to requests for technical assistance in person, via phone, electronically
- Diagnose and resolve technical hardware and software issues
- Research questions using available information resources
- Advise user on appropriate action
- Follow standard help desk procedures
- Log all help desk interactions
- Administer help desk software
- Redirect problems to correct resource
- Identify and escalate situations requiring urgent attention
- Track and route problems and requests and document resolutions
- Prepare activity reports
- Inform management of recurring problems
- Stay current with system information, changes and updates
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Working knowledge of fundamental operations of relevant software, hardware and other equipment
- Knowledge of relevant call tracking applications
- Knowledge and experience of customer service practices
- Related experience and training in troubleshooting and providing help desk support
- Oral and written communication skills
- Learning skills
- Customer service orientation
- Problem analysis
- Team interaction
- Planning and organizing
- Attention to detail
- Stress tolerance
To apply to this position, follow the "apply now" link. To locate this position in our application page, please use the KEYWORD search functionality and insert either the State Street Job ID or the Location.
Job Title: Service Desk Specialist, Officer
Job ID: 163717
Full/Part Time: Full FTE