Microsoft Corporation SENIOR PROGRAM MANAGER in Issaquah, Washington
Core Services Engineering builds and manages the critical products and services that Microsoft runs on. We boldly pursue big ideas that power transformational advances at Microsoft and for our customers, while helping Microsoft teams work smarter, faster and more securely every day. Core Services Engineering employees have deep technical and business expertise, customer insights, and a clear point of view that comes from first-hand, large-scale experience with Microsoft and industry solutions. We are engineers, technology leaders and experts, digital transformation change agents, and customer advocates. We have exciting opportunities for you to innovate, influence, transform, inspire and grow within our organization and we encourage you to apply to learn more!
Do you want to change the IT landscape at Microsoft?
Come work for Enterprise Application Services (EAS) and help shape the future of ERP at Microsoft. EAS is accountable for Microsoft’s ERP utilizing SAP, Dynamics CRM and Dynamics AX. EAS is seeking a Senior Program Manager Lead to manage a team of Program Manager’s in support of EAS’s strategy and delivery commitments.
The Senior Program Manager Lead is accountable for supporting the EAS Program Management strategy and delivery via leading a team of Program Manager’s. This position carry’s both manager and individual contributor responsibilities. The Senior Program Manager Lead is responsible for ensuring that their staff are forecasted and assigned to the most strategic projects within EAS. This role is also responsible for ensuring that Microsoft retains the appropriate IP and operates within a global site strategy. Another function of this role is to provide coaching and career development activities in order to develop and grow the program manager’s reporting into the Senior Program Manager Lead. The Senior Program Manager Lead is a critical part of the program management discipline and represents a direct line coaching and career development connection with the individual contributors.
Assign FTE’s to strategic projects & ensure appropriate standards are followed
Responsible for the adherence to SDLC / ITLC processes
Responsible to execute against the worldwide site strategy for Program Management
People Management Responsibilities; coaching, career development, forecasting, staff, etc.
Individual Contributor responsibilities in line with Program Management
• 5+ of Program/Project Management Experience
• 3+ years of Team Lead experience
• A strong understanding of software lifecycle methodology and information systems development and support
• Excellent understanding of Program Management practices
• Strong cross group collaboration abilities
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Strong ability to succeed in ambiguous environment
• Sound problem resolution, judgment, negotiating, and decision-making skills
• Attention to detail
• Must have ability to exercise sound judgment and decision-making
• An B.S. degree in Business or equivalent experience
• 3+ years of ERP (e.g. SAP) package software experience with large scale implementation for enterprise business’s
• Experience leading teams within a global delivery model
• Strong Microsoft delivery background
• PMP Certification
• Experience with ERP solutions; SAP, Dynamics AX, Dynamics CRM
• Previous Experience with Microsoft Technologies; SQL Server, IIS, BizTalk, C# Experience with a variety of SDLC methodologies such as: Waterfall, RUP, SCRUM, or other agile methodologies
• Enterprise IT experience, preferably with ERP
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com Core Services Engineering