Macy's Joppa, MD - Macy's Logistics: Seasonal Power Equipment Operator (MHE), Full/Part Time in Joppa, Maryland
Job Overview: *
Macy's Logistics and Operations is actively seeking Power Equipment Operators. The ideal candidate has an enthusiasm to learn and operate material handling equipment (MHE) in our warehouse. Types of equipment operated include stock picker, turret truck, reach truck, wave, stand-up forklift, and walkie rider. The responsibilities for a power equipment operator within any department include, but are not limited to:
Essential Functions: *
- Ability to key accurately and productively using PC’s, hand-held computers or other such devices.
- Follow all Standard Operating Procedures and safety/security guidance.
- Operate powered equipment as assigned by Manager or Supervisor.
- Adhere to conveyor lock-out procedures.
- Work on elevated platforms and conveyor systems.
- To pick, pack, and ship all functions and induct merchandise in a safe, accurate, and productive manner. Associates will be cross-trained in multiple areas.
- Perform other related duties, special projects or assignments as required.
- Meet quality and productivity expectations.
- Safety Conscious.
- Flexible and adaptable to change.
- Team Player.
- Ability to understand and communicate directions in the FC regarding Standard Operating Procedures and security & safety guidelines.
- Meet accuracy and productivity standards.
- Ability to use multiple radio frequency devices, i.e. hand held scanners.
- Ability to learn area-specific functions within multiple systems (Manhattan WMS and Federated proprietary systems).
- Must possess good verbal communication skills
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision
- Physical ability to move merchandise weighing up to 50 pounds on a regular basis without assistance and items heavier than 50 pounds on an occasional basis with assistance
- When operating powered equipment, have the ability to be trained and work at heights.
- Ability to walk and stand for extended periods of time.
- Sense of Urgency
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
- Flexibility in work schedule
This job description is not all inclusive. Macy’s Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy's Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment.
Primary Location: United States-Maryland-Joppa
Job: Direct to Consumer/Fulfillment
Req ID: LOG06889