Accenture Fjord Service & Interaction Designer - Atlanta in Knoxville, Tennessee
Title: Fjord Service & Interaction Designer - Atlanta Location: USA-Southeast Job Number: 00522845
Fjord is a design and innovation consultancy, acquired by Accenture Interactive in 2013. We create useful, effective, and desirable digital services that people love. We help the world’s leading businesses make complex systems simple and elegant with the power of design. Founded in 2001, Fjord employs a diverse group of over 800 design experts in twenty-two global creative hubs.
Our work environment appeals to self-motivated, flexible team players that have great interpersonal skills and lots of curiosity. We believe in peer relationships rather than hierarchies; in teams rather than lone thinkers. Fjord is all about an open collaborative approach and we think it is the key enabler for us to deliver innovative, ground-breaking work.
Service & Interaction Designer @ Fjord
• Apply conceptual thinking to create world-class digital services across multiple platforms, smartly bringing together user needs, business goals and technical realities.
• Develop sound UX concepts, including the definition of customer needs, task analysis, and the creation of personas, storyboards, scenarios, user flows and use cases.
• Translate concepts into designs that illustrate simplicity despite system complexity.
• Create instant tangibility for the Fjord team and the client through storytelling and rapid prototyping methods, ranging from paper sketching to digital prototyping.
• Define the User Interface Design through information architecture, wireframes and user flows and validate it through usability testing.
• Create light weighed specifications and style guides to supplement prototypes for our implementation partners.
• Work directly with customers and prospects to design end-to-end experiences using participatory and iterative design techniques including observational studies customer interviews, usability testing, and other forms of qualitative and quantitative research to uncover insights, learn about user behavior and verify design concepts.
• Effectively communicate research findings, conceptual ideas, detailed design, and design rationale both verbally and visually.
• Work closely with development teams to ensure that design specifications are implemented.
• Participate as a contributor to an interdisciplinary team that includes other designers, program management, business and brand strategists, and hardware and software developers.
• Collaborate effectively with remote team members, including designers, researchers engineering, product management, marketing and others.
• 4 years in-depth knowledge and experience of user interface design with consumer applications, preferably mobile devices, rich web apps/site, interactive TV within the media, and telecommunications industries.
• Extensive knowledge and experience with driving and applying user-centered design processes while working collaboratively with customers, along with cross-functional teams including engineering, product management, and user research
• Working knowledge of design and prototyping tools, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flex, Visio.
• Proficient in a variety of methods to convey ideas and concepts (e.g. storyboards, wireframes, prototypes, etc)
• Creative problem-solver with the ability to work with a blank slate and inspire others
• Knowledge of web-based technologies and their impact on the feasibility of design solutions, including the capabilities and limitations of Web technologies Flex, Ajax, Flash, DHTML, CSS, scripting, and various other technologies a plus
• Strong knowledge of design process and project management
• Ability to cope with stress
• Strong influencing, negotiation and communication skills (written, verbal, presentation)
• Must be organized, analytical, and dynamic
• Bachelor degree in a design-related discipline
• A passion for design and people
• Willingness to travel.
• Seek out opportunities for self-development.
• Effectively manage administration such as time reporting, expense submission etc.
• Engage with and work within changing multi-disciplinary teams.
• Develop and maintain open honest and trusting relationships.
• Continually strive to exceed client expectations.
• Communicate in a clear, consistent and transparent manner.
• Adhere to procedures relating to the proper use and care of equipment & materials provided.