Manpower Group Maintenance Technical Shift Lead - Night Shift in Knoxville, Tennessee
Maintenance Technical Shift Lead - Night Shift
The Technical Shift Lead position performs highly diversified duties to install, troubleshoot, repair and maintain production and facility equipment according to safety, predictive and productive maintenance systems and process to support the achievement of the plant's business goals and objectives. Areas include but are not limited to; Extrusion, Thermoforming, Maintenance, Warehouse and General Operations. The Technical Shift Lead also takes on an important role in plant matters concerning safety.
To perform this job successfully, this individual must be able to perform each job duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential job functions. The Technical Shift Lead's essential job duties include, but are not limited to the following.
· Observe, follow and model all safety policies and procedures at all times.
· Model appropriate and acceptable safety behaviors for associates by, for example, using all required personal protective equipment, performing job tasks in a safe manner, and following all safety practices and procedures.
· Maintains a clean working environment daily and conducts housekeeping audits.
· Work in a team environment led and directed by the Technical Senior Lead, Technical Supervisor, Production Supervisor and/or the Operations Manager.
· Extensive knowledge of mechanical and process troubleshooting.
· Continuous willingness to learn the process.
· Thoroughly understands the production process as it pertains to thermoforming and/or extrusion to produce the highest quality parts.
· Works to keep all plant equipment in safe operating condition, as assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
· Performs highly diversified duties related to the installation and maintenance of production machines and facility equipment.
· Completes all corrective and preventative maintenance as directed and assigned by the Technical Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
· Provides emergency and/or unscheduled repairs of equipment during production and performs scheduled maintenance repairs of equipment during planned machine service.
· Analyzes equipment problems to identify necessary repairs and/or replacement parts.
· Performs regular preventive maintenance on machines, equipment, and plan facilities.
· Completes all required checklists and paperwork.
· Assists in training full time and temporary Associates assigned to the Technical department.
· Assists Technical Supervisor and Technical Senior Lead in implementation of Environment, Health & Safety programs and procedure.
· Follows high quality repair standards.
· Persistently pursues the completion of company goals and objectives as directed by the Technical Supervisor, Production Supervisor and/or Technical Senior Lead.
· Participates in plant expansion and major process improvements activities.
· Assists with plant food safety audits.
· Assists in performing routine plant safety audits. Repairs any identified discrepancies expeditiously.
· Implement, follow and enforce safety and sanitation regulations.
· Implement, follow and enforce policies and procedures.
· Follows instructions and directions provided by Technical Senior Leads, Technical Supervisor, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management. Will be assigned to a specific production shift and, as such, may be required to follow instructions and directions of Production Supervisors and Senior Leads
· Work with associates from other departments, particularly Production Supervisors, Senior Leads and Operators, to coordinate operations and activities within or between departments.
· Assist in demonstrating equipment operations and work and safety procedures to new Associates.
· Support all plant operations with day to day activities and responsibilities.
· Drive a CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT culture in every facet of company operations.
· Report to appropriate management personnel any policy violations, safety incidents, quality issues or other similar facts and circumstances that could either put other employees and/or the Company in jeopardy.
· Follow, comply with and model all company rules, policies and directives, including the Associate Handbook.
· Attend work as scheduled and/or requested by Technical Senior Leads, Technical Supervisor, the Operations Manager and/or other members of management.
This list of job duties is not all-encompassing. Associates will be expected to perform all other duties that will be assigned as necessary.