Performance Food Group Delivery Driver - Lowell, AR - $2,000 Sign on BONUS in Lowell, Arkansas
Delivery Driver - Lowell, AR - $2,000 Sign on BONUS
Click HERE to watch a realistic preview of the Performance Foodservice Delivery Driver job.
The primary function of this position is to drive a tractor trailer, tandem trailer and/ or straight trucks on intrastate and interstate routes for the purpose of delivering and/or unloading various products (meats, produce, frozen foods, groceries, dry goods) for restaurants, delicatessens, hospitals, schools, nursing homes, convenience stores, supermarkets and other foodservice outlets in a safe and timely manner and in accordance with Department of Transportation regulations. Most routes allow you to be home every night! No rotating or stocking product!
• Perform “pre-trip safety check” inspection of truck and trailer according to Department of Transportation (DOT) regulations.
• Inspect cab and trailer to insure they meet company quality standards and take appropriate action as needed.
• Perform count check of items and check customer invoices of products that have been loaded.
• Drive to and deliver customer orders according to a predetermined route and delivery schedule.
• Perform damage control checks on items and contact supervisor about removing orders according to company policy.
• Verify delivery of items with customer and obtain proper signatures. Collect money (cash or checks) where required.
• Load customer returns on to trailer, breakdown and stow roller conveyor system and secure trailer doors.
• Unload damaged goods and customer returns at the driver check-in dock and complete necessary paperwork.
• Perform “post trip safety check” on the vehicle, secure tractor and trailer and / or “Red Tag” for repair or maintenance as needed.
• Perform general housekeeping duties in cab, loading dock area and keep trailers clear and clean as required.
• At the end of the shift secure all equipment and complete all necessary paperwork.
Testimonial: \"I started with the company is 1991 as a driver. In 2003 I began taking night classes to pursue a career in Information Technology. The company worked with me by assigning me to shorter routes which helped me get to my classes on time. In 2006, my newly acquired IT skills along with my driving experience helped me get promoted to Router. I graduated from college in 2007, and shortly thereafter my Information Technology degree helped me land a desktop support position on the IT team. In 2013 I was promoted to IT Supervisor and eventually IT Manager, which is the position I hold today.\" - Paul Wright - IT Manager
Lowell, Arkansas (AR)
Full Time / Part Time:
Performance Food Group and/or its subsidiaries (individually or collectively, the \"Company\") provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all applicants and employees, regardless of race, color, national origin, sex, marital status, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state and federal laws and regulations. Please click on the following links to review: (1) our EEO Policy ; (2) the \"EEO is the Law\" poster and supplement ; and (3) the Pay Transparency Policy Statement .
• H.S. diploma or a GED
• 1 year commercial driver experience
• Valid Class \"A\" license (CDL)
• 3-year clean MVR
• Pass Road Test, Drug and BAT Alcohol screenings
• Able to secure DOT medical card
• Able to lift, carry, move product using two-wheeler and ramps
• Able to lift, move, carry up to 10-35 lbs routinely and up to 60 lbs
occasionally throughout shift.
• Able to operate onboard computer and point of delivery scanner
• Must reside in Minden, Louisiana or surrounding areas to be considered -
NO RELOCATION AVAILABLE
• Post High School vocational and/or technical school classes certifications
• 2+ years commercial tractor/trailer driving experience
• Foodservice and/or beverage distribution industry experience
• PeopleNet and POD scanner systems experience
• Customer service skills training
Performance Foodservice, PFG’s broadline distributor, maintains a unique relationship with a variety of local customers, including independent restaurants and hotels, healthcare facilities, schools, and quick-service eateries. A team of sales reps, chefs, consultants and other experts builds close relationships with each customer, providing advice on improving operations, menu development, product selection and operational strategies. The Performance Foodservice team delivers delicious food, but also goes above and beyond to help independent restaurant owners achieve their dreams.