University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee MEDICAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT ASSOCIATE in Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Introduction (Description of School/College/Dept/Program)
Join the UWM family and the Milwaukee community and grow professionally and personally in your career and life. As the most diverse institution in the University of Wisconsin System, we’re a learning destination for 26,000 students. Our on campus health and counseling services, located within Norris Health Center and the Northwest Quadrant, provide integrated, holistic care for students through our medical, counseling, and health promotion and wellness departments. We assist the UWM campus community through collaborative partnerships designed to enhance the university’s academic and community service mission and focus on our student’s wellbeing as an essential component to student success.
The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee Norris Health Center, Medical Services, seeks an experienced patient support services team member to provide assistance to students accessing medical, mental health, and health promotion services. Primary responsibilities include reception, registration, scheduling, system information, cashiering and account management. This position requires careful attention to detail, strong communication skills, excellent organizational and decision-making skills and the ability to prioritize and perform a variety of administrative tasks.
Applicants for this position must have:
- A High School Diploma or GED
- A minimum of six months of experience working in a medical, mental health, dental or social services environment.
Highly qualified candidates will also have:
- Computer Skills, familiarity with Microsoft programs and adaptability to the use of new software
- Experience using an electronic health record
- Experience in customer service; answering phone calls, scheduling and canceling appointments, routing calls and secure messages
- Demonstrated ability receiving/handling money, crediting patient accounts electronically, balance drawer at end of shift.
- Demonstrated ability to professionally and effectively respond to highly personal and sensitive situations
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, multitask duties and responsibilities
- Demonstrated ability to provide outstanding customer service and contribute positively to a patient care team
- Demonstrated ability to make decisions, prioritize, problem solve and perform varied clerical tasks with accuracy, neatness, and dependability
- Demonstrated ability to understand and carry out oral and/or written instructions
- Experience working with a young adult, underserved, diverse population within a fast paced, constantly changing environment
This is a continuous recruitment with an initial screening of candidates to begin July 27, 2017. Applications received after July 26, 2017 may not receive consideration.
Interested candidates must submit a letter of application addressing the minimum and preferred qualifications above, a resume, and a document listing the names and contact information of three professional references.
Individuals from traditionally underrepresented groups are strongly encouraged to apply.
For this position, applicants are required to apply online. UWM will not consider paper, emailed or faxed applications. Additionally, applicants must complete all required fields and attach any required documents. The process is complete when the message “Your application has been submitted” is displayed and you receive a confirmation number.
AA/EO Statement UWM is an AA/EO employer: All applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, disability, or protected veteran status.
Reasonable Accommodations UWM provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities who are employees or applicants for employment. Employment opportunities will not be denied because of the need to make reasonable accommodations for a qualified individual with a disability. If you need assistance or accommodation in applying because of a disability, please contact email@example.com or 414-229-4463. This job announcement and other material on this site will be made available in alternate formats upon request to an individual with a disability.
Confidentiality of Applicant Materials UWM is a State agency and subject to Wisconsin's Open Records Law. UWM will not, however, reveal the identities of applicants who request confidentiality in writing except as may be required by Wisconsin's Open Records law. In certain circumstances, the identities of "final candidates" and/or the identity of the appointed applicant must be revealed upon request.
CBC Policy Employment will require a criminal background check.
Annual Security and Fire Safety Report (Clery Act) For the UWM Annual Security and Fire Safety Reports (i.e., Clery Report), which includes statistics about reported crimes and information about campus security policies, see http://www.cleryact.uwm.edu/, or call UWM’s Office of Student Life, Mellencamp Hall 118 at (414) 229-4632 for a paper copy.
Official Job Title: MEDICAL PROGRAM ASSISTANT ASSOCIATE
Working Title: Patient Support Services
Position Number: 00759211
Division: B03 Student Affairs
Department: B0350 STUDENT HEALTH SERVICES
Position Type: University Staff
Appointment Type: Ongoing/Probationary
FLSA Status: Nonexempt
Posting Type: University Staff
Continuous (Open Until Filled?): Yes
If Continuous, Initial Review Date: 07/27/2017
Position Contact Name: Jackie Wittkowske
Contact Phone: 414-229-7335
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org