Google Director, Product Management Android CoreOS in Mountain View, California
* Applications for this role will be accepted from 8/31/17-9/8/17 and 9/16/17-9/23/17. *
At Google, we put our users first. From innovative software products like Gmail, YouTube, Chrome, Street View to pioneering mobile devices like the Android, we build products that organize the world's information and make it universally accessible to our users. Google products are the lifeblood of who we are. The Product Management team works closely with our engineers to guide products from conception to launch, and with our business partners to generate profitable revenue streams. As part of the Product Management team, you bridge technical and business worlds as you design technologies with creative and prolific engineers and then zoom out to lead matrix teams such as Sales, Marketing and Finance, to name a few. You have a bias for action and can break down complex problems into steps that drive product development at Google speed. As a Product Manager, you can be part of shaping Google's next game-changer.
Through your leadership, you'll leverage your technical expertise to identify setbacks and roadblocks within a project and generate solutions for resolving them quickly, build and manage a product team to recruit the best-suited engineers, and evaluate feedback from support teams to identify product errors and gaps. You'll also work closely with senior Googlers in support of your product.
We are looking for a PM Director to lead our CoreOS team, where we have enormous amounts of work to do. At the heart of Android are our core services - Location, Media, Graphics, Identity/Authentication, Android Runtime, and more. These are the core services that power virtually every Android app. We are rapidly scaling the team and are looking for an experienced PM leader who is passionate about developers and developer tools. This is a great career opportunity if you are looking for a high-growth area and high-impact project in an area strategic to the company.
One of the many reasons Google consistently brings innovative, world-changing products to market is because of the collaborative work we do in Product Management. With eyes focused squarely on the future, our team works closely with creative and prolific engineers to help design and develop technologies that improve access to the world's information. We're responsible for guiding products throughout the execution cycle, focusing specifically on analyzing, positioning, packaging, promoting and tailoring our solutions to all the markets where Google does business.
- Lead and manage the product management function for the Android CoreOS team.
- Define the product roadmap and ensure successful product delivery: own the product lifecycle, which includes defining the product roadmap, working closely with the engineering team on feature specifications, representing the voice of the user, and making decisions about implementation and resource trade-offs.
- Evaluate technologies and identify opportunities to innovate and improve our features and capabilities.
- Be a great storyteller, able to build a strong product narrative which clearly articulates the motivation for the project, goals, and path to success.
- Drive industry partnerships and relationships.
- BA/BS degree in Computer Science or a related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- 10 years of experience in a product management role.
- Product experience on large-scale systems.
- Experience in partner relationships and interacting with Engineering teams.
- 10 years of experience with Platforms or Operating Systems.
- Prior experience in software development.
- Experience leading complex strategic and operational initiatives, working through technical, operational, legal/policy and business issues.
- Entrepreneurial drive and demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in an innovative and fast paced environment.
- Comfort with new technology and thinking outside the box to develop and implement short and long-term creative solutions.
At Google, we don’t just accept difference - we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products and our community. Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
To all recruitment agencies: Google does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias, Google employees or any other company location. Google is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.