Premera Blue Cross Sr Cybersecurity Consultant in Mountlake Terrace, Washington
Join Our Team: Do Meaningful Work and Improve People’s Lives
Our purpose, to improve customers’ lives by making healthcare work better, is far from ordinary. And so are our employees. Working at Premera means you have the opportunity to drive real change by transforming healthcare.
To better serve our customers, we’re creating a culture that promotes employee growth, collaborative innovation, and inspired leadership. We are committed to creating an environment where employees can do their best work and where best-in-class talent comes, stays, and thrives!
As a* Sr. Cybersecurity Consultant*you will act as a liaison between cybersecurity and technical teams by planning, conducting and directing analysis of moderately complex to highly complex business problems to be solved with technical solutions. You will have the opportunity to inform and educate business partners of security requirements and risks to improve efficiency and effectiveness of the team. You will communicate and advocate for customer goals and strategies in the IT organization.
*What you’ll do *
- Proactively engage with employees at all levels to identify and understand key business issues and objectives, evaluate changes for organizational impacts and recommend an action plan
- Facilitate cross-functional teams in designing business/technology solutions while positively influence stakeholders towards achieving the effective outcomes
- Develop clear and concise documentation of customer objectives, requirements and detailed specifications on moderate to complex projects or operational issues
- Lead and perform complex problem and workflow analysis, drawing conclusions and recommending resolution opportunities
- Identify emerging trends in cybersecurity and IT solutions in order to better align technical solutions with customer needs and ensuring the delivered solution meets customer requirements
- Provide leadership in the development and maintenance of cybersecurity’s strategic and development efforts, and includes defining customer and IT initiatives, developing business cases, and producing high level estimates for initiatives
- Research, inform and recommend opportunities to apply cybersecurity and technology solutions to areas of assigned responsibilities
- Develop and maintain a strong strategic relationship with executive and senior business leaders serving as a liaison between cybersecurity and the IT organization
- Develop and present material
- Provide mentorship and direction to less experienced team members
What you’ll bring
- Bachelor's degree or 4 years’ experience
- 8 years’ experience in Information Technology, which includes 3 years’ experience influencing decisions on technology and process (or Master's degree and 6 years’ related business, including years’ experience influencing decisions on technology and process)
- Proven experience in documenting requirement documents and functional/technical specifications
- Project Management certification is preferred
- Experience in communicating with all levels of customers, managers and executives, as well as possessing the ability to negotiate and influence decisions on technology direction
- Proven history of taking accountability for own work and delivering results. Demonstrated ability to form constructive opinions and defend them.
- Expert knowledge of analytical tools, relational databases and PC applications
- Promotes teamwork and leads by example. Unquestionable ethics and integrity is pertinent.
- Customer-focused, with demonstrated experience and ability to be flexible with changing priorities, demands and requests
- Demonstrates passion for creativity, willingness to taking calculated risks, and initiative for finding new business solutions
What we offer
Premera is proud to offer a comprehensive benefits package including:
- Medical, vision and dental coverage
- Life and disability insurance
- Retirement programs (401K employer match and pension plan)
- Wellness incentives, onsite services, a discount program and more
- Tuition assistance for undergraduate and graduate degrees
- Generous Paid Time Off to reenergize
- Free parking
Job Title: Sr Cybersecurity Consultant
Job ID: 11271
Location: Mountlake Terrace, WA
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Equal employment opportunity/Affirmative action
Premera is an equal opportunity / affirmative action employer. Premera seeks to attract and retain the most qualified individuals without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender or gender identity, sexual orientation, age, genetic information, disability or veteran status. All staff of Premera and its subsidiary companies must demonstrate the legal right to work in the United States. Premera is an E-Verify employer.