Wolf Creek Federal Services Custodian Lead (Union) in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
The incumbent provides custodial services for installation facilities, ensuring floor surfaces, furniture, & moveable items are maintained free of grit, soil, dust, stains, spills, litter, & any other foreign matter. The Custodian Lead will also direct the work of other Custodians and coordinate other projects and assignments as needed. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Guides, supports and directs the work of other Custodians.
- Maintains technical and non technical buildings, premises, sleeping quarters or offices in clean, sanitary, and orderly condition.
- Performs any combination of duties such as trash removal, dusting, washing, wiping, sweeping, scrubbing, vacuuming, stripping, buffing, and sanitizing of floors, walls, ceilings, windows, stairs, and stairwells, fixtures, furniture, and equipment as directed.
- Work includes sealing, waxing, mopping, shampooing, applying cleaners and sterilizers, stripping waxes, buffing floors, and any other cleaning or sanitizing function.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- The proper use of tools and equipment commonly used in the custodial field.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Effectively directing the work of others and giving direction to others within the Custodial area.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Timely completion and accuracy of all departmental work.
- Dealing with a variety of people in a professional, courteous manner in diversified situations.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC (Parent Corporation) safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- Having the ability to work well under pressure.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Three (3) years industrial cleaning experience (multi-unit buildings, commercial facilities, institutions, etc.) to include scrubbing or dusting surfaces, mopping, shampooing, applying cleaners and sterilizers, stripping/waxing and buffing floors, vacuuming, trash disposal and other cleaning functions.
- Must possess good communication skills for a service team environment.
- Ability to receive written and verbal directions and pass on to crew members
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass any background checks and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record as pertinent to the position.
- US Citizenship
- Prior Military and/or experience working on a Government Contract or a large commerical facility.
- Previous supervisory experience
This is a union position.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10011
Req ID: NEV10011