Wolf Creek Federal Services Linen Control Attendant (Union) in Nevada
Who we are and what we do...
Make more than money. Make a difference.
Chugach Government Solutions (CGS) and subsidiaries…
Our Mission is to set the standard for first-class business services in the global market. We offer an exciting work environment, competitive compensation, and excellent benefits.
CGS is a unique organization, capable of meeting the needs of the government through a long-range program of business planning, training, and sound business practices. CGS is the federal division of Chugach Alaska Corporation (Chugach), one of the twelve original Native Regional Corporations formed under the Alaska Natives Claims Settlement Act of 1971. Chugach is privately owned by Alaska Natives, and stock is not publicly traded.
CGS is a seasoned government contractor providing a wide span of services to our federal customers with over 25 years of experience in the industry. We seek consistency in quality and actively innovate, finding new ways of doing business that adds value to our customers. CGS currently operates on Department of Defense installations sprinkled across the United States and at OCONUS locations spread across the globe. With 12 subsidiaries specializing in facility maintenance, IT/technical services, construction, and education services, CGS offers a unique depth of services equipped to support the most critical missions.
EEO/AA Employer; Shareholder Hire Preference.
Preference shall be given to eligible and qualified Chugach shareholders, spouses and descendants, and shareholders of other Alaska Native Corporations. Chugach makes every effort to identify, hire, train, and promote shareholders. Chugach is an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer. The company shall not discriminate against any employee or applicant because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender or gender identity (except where gender is a bona fide occupational qualification), national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status, genetic information or any other factor protected by law. CGS complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Summary/General Description of Job:
Incumbent assists in the laundry section with the washing, drying, sorting, folding, transporting, and distribution of all linens and clothes by performing the following duties. Position is represented by a Union Collective Bargaining Agreement.
Essential Duties & Job Functions:
- Deals with customers by greeting them and asking them their laundry needs
- Separates colored and white clothes and linens
- Ensures that whites are separated regardless of the type of clothes
- Tags each customer’s clothes separately if needed
- Inspect each item for nicks, tears or stains prior to washing
- Treat clothes and linens with stain remover
- Loads clothes/linens in the washers and ensures that the right amount is loaded
- Fills washers with water and appropriate amount of washing powder and softener
- Mixes the right amount of bleach to ensure proper washing
- Places washed items into the dryer
- Sets the dryer at appropriate drying time depending on the type of clothes/linens
- Sorts dried clothes/linens and fold them appropriately
- Places folded clothes/linens in the proper location for distribution and/or pick up
- Performs light maintenance on washers and dryers on a regular basis
- Ensures that lint filters are changed at least once every day
- Clean washers and dryers after every use
- Orders washing supplies and keeps track of supplies inventory
- Performs other related work as assigned.
- Timely and cost effective performance of duties.
- Completing all mandated training requirements per government and management directives.
- Harmoniously working with other employees and customers.
- Following instructions and working with minimal supervision.
- Ability to learn and understand the need and the use of infection control techniques.
- Knowledge and proper use of protective equipment when working with soiled linens
- Ability to learn the procedures for processing isolation linens.
- Adherence to established CGS, LLC safety policies and good industrial and office safety practices.
- Compliance with CGS, LLC Standard Operating Procedures and Personnel policies and procedures.
- High School Diploma or Equivalent
- Two (2) years relevant work experience.
- Valid state Driver’s License with acceptable driving record pertinent to the position.
- Ability to obtain and maintain a Favorable National Agency Check w/Inquiries (NACI); or the ability to obtain and maintain a DoD security clearance at the Secret level or Top Secret Level, as applicable to the position/location requirements.
- Ability to successfully pass any employment background check and/or drug testing required on the contract.
- Valid state driver’s license with acceptable driving record as pertinent to the position.
- US Citizenship
- Experience working on a government contract.
- Customer Service experience.
This is a union position.
Primary Location: US-Nevada
Number of Openings: 1
Job Number: NEV10006
Req ID: NEV10006