GKN Aerospace Team Lead – Assembly Line Lead – Fiat RDM -3rd in Newton, North Carolina
Team Lead – Assembly Line Lead – Fiat RDM -3rd
GKN Employees Only
Country: United States
Work Location: Newton, NC
State: North Carolina
Advertising End Date: Not Specified
Job Type: Regular
About The Opportunity
Identify abnormalities and correct situations utilizing LELC problem solving skills and use countermeasures in order to remove waste and improve cost
• Provide daily staffing, rotation and scheduling direction and decisions, including coverage for breaks, lunches etc.
• Facilitate Team Start of Shift meeting and End of Shift review meeting for assigned areas and participate in other site communication meetings as necessary.
• Plan and coordinate scheduled downtime and changeovers.
• Inform team of Cell priorities. Coordinate resource and staffing needs for team and with other areas.
• Audit cells for 5S and other shift overlap standard work.
• Communicate with leaving Team Leader ensuring standard PVD information is accurate and that PVD is up to date
• Identify shift priorities and resource constraints. Coordinate resource and staffing needs with other Teams
• Verify expected throughput and PPPH. Countermeasure and react as necessary.
• Ensure PPPH plan and budget/scheduled productivity concur. Reassign staffing and priorities if PPPH budget cannot be met and escalate to supervisor as necessary.
• Countermeasure and react to abnormalities that may result from supporting team members, observation from line(s)/cell(s) or equipment, cell metrics from PVD in regards to safety, quality, delivery and cost. Escalate to Group Leader, Cell Engineer or maintenance as necessary.
• Make rounds in line(s)/cell(s) and records production results as appropriate.
• Note any 5S, quality, production issues. Check production sheets for accuracy and completion.
• Report on the status of line(s)/cell(s) as appropriate.
• Create and audit adherence to standard work amongst team leaders.
• Develop and manage skills matrix and coordinate as necessary.
• Coordinate overtime scheduling.
• Ensure issues affecting the teams are on the End of Line Boards and that EOL board is up to date and accurate.
• Input information concerning problems into the daily causal log or other communication method as necessary.
• Provide input to employee performance reviews and support development of team members.
Qualifications / Experience / Skills
• High School Diploma or equivalen
• Problem solving tools
• Basic Financial metric understanding (CIP)
• Five or more years experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
• Strong interpersonal and organizational skills.
• Computer Skills (MS Word, Excel, MS Project, MfgPro, Kronos).
GKN is a global engineering business. We design, manufacture and service systems and components for most of the world’s leading aircraft, vehicle and machinery manufacturers. We are continuously evolving, pioneering new technologies and reinventing existing ones, stretching ourselves to better in everything we do. GKN operates three divisions: GKN Aerospace, GKN Driveline and GKN Powder Metallurgy employing 56,000 people in more than 30 countries.
GKN Aerospace is the world’s leading multi-technology tier 1 aerospace supplier. With 55 manufacturing locations in 14 countries, we serve over 90% of the world’s aircraft and engine manufacturers. We design and manufacture innovative smart aerospace systems and components. Our technologies are used in aircraft ranging from the most used single aisle aircraft and the largest passenger planes in the world to business jets and the world’s advanced 5th generation fighter aircraft
Diversity and Inclusion
As a global engineering company, innovation is what differentiates us from our competitors and is central to our success.
A balance of cultures, ethnicities and genders help bring new ideas and creativity to GKN. We need people of different backgrounds, with different skills and perspectives to spark originality, imagination and creativeness in our teams around the world.
GKN is an equal opportunity employer.
We treat all our employees and applicants fairly and are committed to ensuring that there is no discrimination or harassment against any employee or qualified applicant on the grounds of age, race, creed, color, national origin, ancestry, marital status, affectional or sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, disability, nationality, sex, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.