Compass Minerals Director Information Technology in Overland Park, Kansas
Compass Minerals is a leading provider of essential minerals that solve nature's challenges, including salt for winter roadway safety and other consumer, industrial and agricultural uses, and specialty plant nutrition minerals that improve the quality and yield of crops. The company produces its minerals at locations throughout the U.S. and Canada and in the U.K. Though the company’s history stretches back as far as 1844, Compass Minerals became a public company in December 2003. The company is part of the S&P MidCap 400 Index, the Russell 1000 Index and was included in Fortune magazine’s 2010 listing of the “100 Fastest-Growing Companies.” Named one of Forbes’ 100 Most Trustworthy Companies in America in 2015 and 2016, Compass Minerals’ mission is to be the best essential minerals company by delivering where and when it matters.
The_Director, Information Technology Services (ITS)_is responsible for leading the Information Technology (IT) team and working closely with the different business leaders to ensure that their IT needs are met in an efficient and effective manner. Additionally, this person provides hands-on leadership and management of all technology resources (staff, consultants, vendors and assets) to deliver predictable service and solutions to IT needs. Working closely with the Sr Vice President, Corporate Services, the Director, ITS is responsible for developing the technology vision that supports the company’s business objectives and aligns with the Company Mission and goals.
Reports to the Sr. Vice President, Corporate Services
· Manager, Enterprise Applications
· Manager, Support Services
· Manager, Application Development
· Manager, Enterprise Infrastructure
· Establish and maintain a service oriented, customer focused IT function that supports ongoing operations that drive efficiency, quality, customer service and growth.
· Responsible for the selection, acquisition, development, installation, maintenance and support of information technology to meet the business needs.
· Lead a governance structure that aligns IT initiatives with business priorities while balancing resource constraints (human and fiscal) to optimize IT capitalized and operational initiatives; producing an annual IT plan and budget that is integrated into the system planning and budgeting processes.
· Manage all IT initiatives and regularly report status to include: actual vs. expected results, budgets and project duration.
· Demonstrated experience with IT systems and IT management at a senior level with a sequence of increasing responsibilities in large and diverse business settings.
· Demonstrated business savvy to work effectively with all levels of the organization to achieve key business and technology goals.
· Knowledge of application support and development best practices
· Develop a strategy and associated tactical plans for the technical infrastructure and application architecture for the business based on the appropriate technologies. The plan shall include standards and protocols for data exchange, communications, software and interconnection of information systems.
· Provide advice and counsel concerning IT issues and industry trends to executive management.
· Communicate to business managers the plan for continued standardization efforts of information technology (IT) and collaborative efforts with all business units and department.
Personal and Professional Attributes:
· Broad understanding of next-gen and cloud computing technologies and their application to business initiatives.
· Demonstrated project management, system integration and architectural design capabilities, and project team building and mentoring.
· Experience in building a new model to serve the IT needs of a complex organization.
· Demonstrated project management skills
· Experience in managing third party vendors and hybrid support teams.
· Respectful and honest; demonstrates integrity and ethics.
· Team player
Education and Experience:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, or related area from four-year accredited college required.
· Advanced degree (MBA, MS, etc) preferred
· 12 years of leadership experience supporting an enterprise IT environment
· Experience with architecture strategy, governance, compliance, development, and execution
· Expertise in IT best practices, methodologies, and governance
· Experience with relevant Compass Minerals infrastructure and applications:
o Oracle ERP:
§ On prem: JD Edwards 9.1, OTM, VCP / ASCP, Demantra, APCC, SAP (Brazil), Oracle EBS (UK)
§ Cloud: HCM, Agile, Primavera
o Other Applications: Salesforce, Hyperion, EDI, DSI, HMIS, JWS, OBIEE/BI, DMSI, Citrix
o Oracle Engineered Solutions: Exadata, ExaLogic, Exalytics, Oracle databases
o Network / Telecom: ATT managed network services, Cisco switches and routers, Cisco UCS (IP telephony)
o Infrastructure: VNX/NIMBLE, Data Domain, Avamar, Cisco UCS blades, Vmware, SQL Server, Exchange 2013
o Desktop Client: Windows 7 / 10, MS Office Applications
/Compass Minerals is an equal opportunity employer that hires and promotes the best candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, military status, or veteran status./
- If interested and qualified, please apply online at *www.CompassMinerals.com
Title: Director Information Technology
Location: KS-Overland Park
Requisition ID: 17000057