Miami University Human Performance Wellness Coach in Oxford, Ohio
Job Description Summary:
Job ID: 4633 - FT - Unclassified (salaried)
The position will be responsible for the Strength and Conditioning component to the Ice Hockey program.
This position specifically supports the mission of the University and the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics by assisting in institutional compliance with NCAA and Conference rules and regulations.
Conduct all strength and conditioning activities related to the Ice Hockey Program at the Goggin Ice Center.
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Developing Individual and Team Specific Programs, Performing Agility Training, Performing Strength Training, Performing Flexibility Training, and Conducting Conditioning Exercises.
- Assisting in the design and implementation of scientific based, sports specific speed, strength and conditioning programs for all athletes within Ice Hockey and other sports as assigned.
- Performing Strength and Conditioning programming on the ice with Ice Hockey student-athletes.
- Will develop and maintain Ice Hockey strength and conditioning facilities and equipment.
- Participating in ICA department activities, including service on committees and attendance at all scheduled meetings - committed to the direction of the athletic department.
- Attending Ice Hockey staff meetings as designated by the Head Coach.
- Assisting other Strength and Conditioning Coaches in covering other team workouts when necessary.
- Maintaining knowledge and ensure compliance with NCAA, NCHA and University rules and regulations, that apply to the areas of strength and conditioning.
- Other sports as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Experience and/or background in Ice Hockey Strength and Conditioning
- Minimum of 1 Year of Strength and Conditioning Coaching Experience
- CSCS or SCCC Certified
- CPR/AED Certified
Working Title: Human Performance Wellness Coach
Department: Intercollegiate Athletics
Posting Date: 08/11/2017
Job Category: Staff
Position Group: Unclassified
Hours Per Week/Percent Time: full-time
Duration: 12 months
Benefit Eligible: Yes
Required Documents: Cover Letter, List of Three References, Resume
Application Types Accepted: Unclassified