PNC Finance Expert in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
Auto req ID:
HR Job Code:
100659 Finance Expert
Responsible for and leads a variety of financial management and accounting services.
Prepares information to support quarterly and external reports and internal financial and business metric reports. Reviews and interprets financial reports to inform business decision.
Leads annual budget process and monthly forecast updates and leads or contributes to strategic plan. Identifies ways to outperform.
Leads performance monitoring and communications and ad hoc finance and accounting analysis, may include management accounting analysis. Ensures accounting practices of the business are appropriate and collaborates with Accounting Policy on implementation of new accounting standards that impact the business.
Leads preparation of reports and analysis in response to requests and requirements of auditors, regulators, and investors. May communicate directly with external constituents. Prepares financial data and analysis to support risk management and identifies and escalates key risks to management. May also contribute to risk review and challenge for the business. Promptly identifies and addresses control matters; maintains sound control processes.
PA - Pittsburgh
Line of Business:
PA374 - Two PNC Plaza
Total Hours Per Week:
Monday to Friday 8am to 5pm
PNC provides equal employment opportunity to qualified persons regardless of race, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, veteran status, or other categories protected by law
PA - Pittsburgh
Required Education and Experience:
Roles at this level typically require a university / college degree, with 5+ years of industry-relevant experience. Specific certifications are often required. In lieu of a degree, a comparable combination of education and experience (including military service) may be considered.
Job Specific Competencies:
Budgeting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of, and ability to apply, policies and practices for planning and administering a budget.
Business Analytics - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of technologies, techniques and practices for the evaluation of business performance data; ability to analyze business performance using advanced statistical methods to justify and drive future business planning decisions.
Finance and Accounting - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of finance and accounting practices, financial analysis, and reporting; ability to apply this knowledge appropriately to diverse situations.
Effective Communications - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of effective communication concepts, tools and techniques; ability to effectively transmit, receive, and accurately interpret ideas, information, and needs through the application of appropriate communication behaviors.
Decision Making and Critical Thinking - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the issues related to the decision-making process; ability to analyze situations fully and accurately, and reach productive decisions.
Accuracy and Attention to Detail - Extensive Experience
- Understanding of the necessity and value of accuracy and attention to detail; ability to process information with high levels of accuracy.
INSTITUTIONAL FINANCE - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of finance, financial methods, tools and strategies employed by private and public corporations.
MANAGING EXPENSES AND FINANCES - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of and ability to use the functions, tools and processes needed to manage financial assets and liabilities throughout the organization.
ACCOUNTING - Working Experience
- Knowledge of and the ability to use the methods, processes, and tools for maintaining and preparing financial statements and reports.
Financial Analysis - Subject Matter Expertise
- Knowledge of and ability to read, interpret and draw accurate conclusions from financial and numerical material.
Manages Risk - Working Experience
- Assesses and effectively manages all of the risks associated with their business objectives and activities to ensure activities are in alignment with the bank's and unit's risk appetite and risk management framework.
Customer Focus - Extensive Experience
- Knowledge of the values and practices that align customer needs and satisfaction as primary considerations in all business decisions, and ability to leverage that information in creating customized customer solutions.
At PNC, our people are our greatest differentiator and competitive advantage in the markets we serve. We are all united in delivering the best experience for our customers. As a Finance Expert within the PMO of the Finance organization, you will be based in Pittsburgh, PA .