Caterpillar Hose Fabricator (2nd & 3rd Shifts) - West Plains, MO in Pomona, Missouri
Responsible for all machine operation in the shop area to achieve Safety, Quality, and Production goals.
_Essential Functions and Responsibilities:_ Duties include but are not limited to the following:
Work Safely by following HPH Safe Job Procedures and adhering to guidelines
Meet Quality targetsMeet Productivity targets
Interface with computer to input Quality and Production data and log Maintenance tickets
Cross train in multiple areas of the shop (Liner Extrude/Fabric Wrap, Mandrel Return, Spiral Wind, Cover Extrude/Shrink Tape Wrap, Extract/Unwrap, Autoclave, Bobbin Wind/ Deck Strip, Bobbin Repair, Coiling/Reeling, Shipping, Slitter, Forklift, L6, L7)
Trained in Forklift and Crane operation
Adjust and maintain machine settings to achieve Quality and Production needs
Submit Continuous Improvement Ideas
Perform daily 6-S task
Sign up for posted O.T.
Perform LOTO procedures and Co-operative maintenance
Account for all tools and equipment at the start and end of shift
Actively participate and communicate in Performance Dialogs
· Safety Focus– Works safely and looks out for the safety of others.
· Quality Focus– Attention to quality in their own and others work.
· Production Focus– Productive and works efficiently, drives productivity with others.
· Teamwork– Demonstrated ability to be a team player and to take initiative to develop a spirit of teamwork.
· Knowledge of Work Areas– Knowledgeable of all equipment in team area and can trouble shoot problems.
· Knowledge of Hose Manufacturing– Ability to understand the interrelationships of HPH processes. Possesses knowledge of various HPH manufacturing functions and the ability to locate and utilize the necessary information.
· Time Management– Makes effective use of time, budgets time to complete all assignments
· Competency– Ability to handle assignments and overcome problems, can be trusted to do the job right
· Communication– Must be able to effectively communicate to all levels of HPH employees. Communications must be clear, concise, and non-threatening. Must be able to listen effectively
*Basic skills/knowledge using a computer - capable of functioning independently
/*/Basic skills/knowledge following standard operating procedures or standard work - capable of functioning independently
Top candidates will also have:
**Previous experience in manufacturing
**Hose fabrication experience
Constant walking/standing on concrete floor up to 12 hours
Frequent lifting of 25-30lbs.
Additional Job Information:
Shift: 3rd / 11pm-7:30am (Sunday-Thursday)
Shift: 2nd / 3pm-11:30pm (Monday-Friday)
Location: West Plains, MO
Pay range from $10.47 to $15.73 (hourly) plus $0.45 hourly night shift premium paid bi-weekly
This is a full time position with full benefits including 401K with 6% company match.
Caterpillar is not currently hiring individuals for this position who now or in the future require sponsorship for employment visa status; however, as a global company, Caterpillar offers many job opportunities outside of the U.S. which can be found through our employment website atwww.Caterpillar.com/Careers.
Job: *Manufacturing & Supply Chain
Title: Hose Fabricator (2nd & 3rd Shifts) - West Plains, MO
Requisition ID: 170005TM