Microsoft Corporation Workflow, Build, & Tools Engineer in Redmond, Washington
Workflow, Build & Tools Engineer – 343 Industries (Halo)
Ever wanted to make Halo? 343 Industries is looking for a Workflow, Build & Tools Engineer to help develop and enhance our technology and aid in the creation of our AAA game experiences. This is your chance to work on one of the most exciting and creative intellectual properties in the industry with one of the industry’s most talented teams.
The Infrastructure team develops tools and web services that support many of our content workflows that the production teams rely on for their daily work. Work ranges from distributed server farm application development, processing and analyzing telemetry and health data through to building end-to-end tools to optimize the content pipeline; we run internal services hosted on thousands of machines used by the rest of the studio to support and accelerate their development of the game.
Our studio has a passion for building high quality experiences and it starts with our infrastructure team laying the foundation. It is critical that candidates have a strong personal drive and enjoy working across teams of mixed disciplines.
Your role as Build Engineer will be to develop and enhance the development environment and build farm as well as to ensure the environment is stable, easy to work with, and agile.
Primary responsibilities include, but not limited to:
• Triaging and debugging build & tool problems.
• Communicating and working with other developers and teams to resolve build related issues in a high priority manner.
• Assessing and defining improvements to build process and environments to increase performance and reliability with an eye to continuously improve at every opportunity.
• Adapting and extending the system for future products.
• Creating and enforcing coding guidelines and best practices.
• 3+ years of development experience of C#.
• 1+ year of development experience of SQL.
• Strong debugging and optimization skills in a multi-threaded, networked environment.
• A passion for innovation and developing intuitive, high quality tools.
• A customer focused attitude, and willingness to mentor and assist peers.
• Solid engine/build system architectural skills.
• Strong communication and collaboration.
• Ability to work on a large codebase and make wide spread changes.
• A track record of solid results across multiple ship cycles.
• BS in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
• C/C++ experience a plus.
• Shipping game experience a plus!
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to firstname.lastname@example.org.