City of Richmond - Utilities Fire Equipment Mechanic in Richmond, Virginia
The purpose of the position is to ensure all of the City's fire equipment is fully operational and in good working condition. The position is responsible for the installation, maintenance and repair all fire equipment and vehicles. The position works according to set procedures under direct supervision.
Supervision: *Exercised: Classification typically does not supervise. Received: Reports to Automotive Supervisor Note: Other reporting relationships may apply*
Example of Duties:
The Department of Public Work is seeking to fill the position of Fire Equipment Mechanic in the Fleet Division.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
- Inspecting, maintaining and repairing all Fire vehicles and equipment;
- Installing new equipment and apparatus in Fire vehicles;
- Performing service calls as required;
- Maintaining inventories for all parts required for Fire vehicles and equipment;
- Maintaining and cleaning shop and tools on a daily basis;
- Performing on-call functions and after-hour service calls, when needed;
- Entering time and information into computer database daily.
Qualifications, Special Certifications and Licenses:
- Requires High School Diploma/GED and formal training, special courses or self-education that is equivalent to satisfactory completion of one (1) year of college education or specialized advanced training.
- Requires one (1) year of experience.
- An equivalent combination of training and experience (as approved by the department) may be used to meet the minimum qualifications of the classification.
- Requires a Commercial Drivers License (CDL Class B), or the ability to obtain a CDL license within 6 months.
- Requiresa Virginia Motor Vehicle Inspection License or the ability to obtain within 1 year of hire.
- Hydraulic System troubleshooting and repair
Americans with Disabilities Act Requirements:
PHYSICAL AND DEXTERITY REQUIREMENTS: Physical and dexterity refers to the requirement for physical exertion and coordination of limb and body movement.
Medium to heavy work that involves walking, standing, stooping, lifting, digging, pushing and raising objects and also involves exerting between 20 to 50 pounds of force on a regular basis and 50 to 100 pounds of force on an occasional basis.
ENVIRONMENTAL HAZARDS: Environmental hazards refer to the job conditions that may lead to injury or health hazards even though precautions have been taken.
Fumes and .or noxious odors Dusts and Pollens Wet or humid conditions Extreme noise levels Vibration
SENSORY REQUIREMENTS: Sensory ability refers to hearing, sight, touch, taste, and smell required by the job.
The job requires normal visual acuity and field of vision.
The City of Richmond, Virginia is an Equal Opportunity Employer. ADA requires the City to provide reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities. Prospective and current employees are invited to discuss accommodations.
Job Title: Fire Equipment Mechanic
Closing Date/Time: Sun. 08/20/17 11:59 PM Eastern Time
Salary: $34,589.00 - $56,813.00 Annually
Job Type: Full-Time Permanent
Location: 1700 Commerce Road, Virginia
Department: Public Works