Veritas Slack Administrator in Roseville, Minnesota
Veritas is undergoing a communication transformation to help our teams become more productive by cutting down on meetings and emails. In addition to this we want to consolidate information from other systems into a single platform whether it be integrating development’s CICD pipeline tools to seeing the sales team close a deal. We have chosen to use the Slack platform to drive these improvements. We are looking for someone that is not only a talented engineer, but is willing to learn and then educate others about why the DevOps culture is so critical to Veritas’s future success.
What you will work on:
Reporting directly to a Sr. Manager, the IT Slack Administrator will liaise with various teams to configure and administer the Veritas Slack Enterprise Grid instance. The Slack Admin will be familiar with standard Slack concepts, practices, and procedures, will rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals, and work with project stakeholders on a daily basis. A certain degree of creativity and latitude is required.
The following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other Duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
As the Slack Administrator for C&C (Communications and Collaboration) here is what you will work on:
- Collaborate with VERITAS Project teams around the globe to administer the Veritas Slack Enterprise Grid Instance(s)
- Build trusted advisor relationships and provide assistance with other Veritas teams during instance pilot, production buildout, and long-term administration
- Set Slack guidelines and organizational standards (standards and policies)
- Implement Slack security tools and standards in conjunction with our Global Security Office
- Work with other departments to ensure better collaboration and productivity by automating business workflows and integrations including writing bots, connectors and automating auditing of compliance
- Evangelize the benefits of Slack within the teams to increase adoption and productivity gains
What we need from you:
- 2-4 years of related work experience
- A fundamental understanding of DevOps and Security best practices
- An attitude that strives to always want to make things better.
- Previous Slack Administrator experience
- Experience in developing bots
- Experience as Spark, Teams, O365 Administrator desired but not required.
- Must be motivated, independent and self-sufficient. Able to receive an assigned task and see it through to completion with minimal supervision.
- Ability to quickly analyze situations, correlate ideas, and make decisions on issues and resolutions.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams: product engineering, sales, marketing, IT, facilities buildout etc.
- Strong presentation, communication and facilitation skills
- Strong relationship building skills
- Experience working with internal and external partners to deliver services
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Computer Science, Engineering, Information Systems and/or equivalent formal training or experience
Why Would You Want to Work Here:
- Upper management that is committed to making Veritas an Employer of Choice
- Your Time Off - gives you the flexibility to take time off when you need it without the stress of managing a PTO balance.
- Wellness reimbursement that can go towards qualified expenses like Health Clubs or Personal training
- A focus on the technical community outside of Veritas. Encouragement to attend technical meetups, paid entries to local events like DevOps Days, and some trips to conferences on technologies related to our work
- The team you will be joining is collaborative and fun. We remain focused on building a highly functioning team.
Veritas Technologies enables organizations to harness the power of their information, with solutions designed to serve the world’s largest and most complex multi-vendor environments. Veritas works with 86 percent of Fortune 500 companies today, improving data availability and revealing insights to drive competitive advantage.
The Veritas business generated$2.6 billion in revenue in fiscal year 2015, and commands market leadership in markets that are estimated at $12 billion today.
Working at Veritas
Nearly 90% of Fortune 500 companies already use Veritas core solutions and these solutions catalogue the 1.5% of target rich data today. Veritas helps customers transform their data into information, and those insights into competitive advantage.
At Veritas, you will enjoy an open, flexible, and supportive environment which lets you bring your ideas to life. Our commitment to development and diversity sparks innovation.
If impact, innovation and a winning culture are important to you, consider a career at Veritas.
We Embrace Diversity
Diversity in thought, perspective, experience and life is a vital part of our culture. It is this culture, that allows us to innovate, solve problems and succeed.
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer
Veritas is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants for employment will be considered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, status as an individual with a disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by federal, state, or local law. Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance (FCO), we will also consider for employment qualified individuals with arrest and conviction records.
EEO is the Law. Applicants and employees of Veritas Technologies LLC are protected under Federal law from discrimination. Click here to find out more.
Veritas will respond to requests for reasonable accommodations to assist you in applying for positions at Veritas, or to submit a resume. If you need to request an accommodation, please contact our HR Helpdesk by email at AskHR@Veritas.com .