Mentor Graphics Application Engineer - 5264 in San Diego, California
Application Engineer - 5264
Company: Mentor Graphics
Job Title: Application Engineer - 5264
Job Location: US – CA – San Diego
Job Category: Applications Engineering
As a Calibre Design-to-Silicon Platform Applications Engineer, you will work with account teams to drive the adoption of Mentor Graphics Calibre software. This includes, but is not limited to the following activities.
• Execute both pre-sale and post-sale technical support activities including assessment of how company products meet customer needs and the preparation of product specifications for development and installation of customized applications/solutions.
• Illustrate the value Mentor Graphics brings to customers by assisting them in their evaluations of Mentor Graphics' Calibre family of software; developing and delivering software demonstrations and technical presentations; performing benchmark evaluations for customers.
• Provide on-site support when issues arise with client’s use of Mentor Graphics Calibre products.
• Work closely with area sales management, account teams and customers to understand business opportunities.
• Drive business for Mentor Graphics, using technical expertise and working directly with customers as a part of sales team at the appropriate management level to establish criteria for successful engagements.
• Assist technical teams, including the factory, to establish value for Mentor Graphics products and differentiate from the competition.
• Contribute towards the area technical sales plan with management and communicate frequently with peers and management on progress and account status.
• Provide pre-sale technical support in sales presentations and product demonstrations.
• Establish and maintain lines of communication with design engineering on issues such as considerations for product reliability.
• Work with marketing and product managers to define new products and provide insight from the field back to these groups.
We are seeking a dynamic and professional technical person, who enjoys multi-tasking in a fast paced, fun and friendly environment. In this position you will be focused on technical support of Mentor Graphics leading edge Calibre products.
The AE is expected to manage multiple customer issues concurrently and be very effective at customer relationships. This customer interface is not only at the engineering level, but first or second level management as well. The Application Engineer must align with Account Managers to exceed quota, as they proactively manage customer accounts to success. Sales support roles include product demonstrations, evaluations, and competitive benchmarking. The Application Engineer plays an active role in account planning and working as part of the account team. The team develops solutions to customer problems based on their insight into the customer needs and issues that ultimately results in revenue.
The job will be based in San Diego, CA with as much as 25% travel.
• Experience: 1+ years of hands-on (user) Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Experience: 1+ years of development in Physical Verification, Extraction, Electrical Rule Checking, DFM implementation experience (ideally Calibre); Experience with competitive tools and flows will be an asset.
• Broad understanding of PV/Extraction/DFM methodologies and flows including tie-in to library characterization, static timing, EM/IR drop analyses and flows
• Must enjoy working with customers and in large team environment
• Expert level scripting / programming skills;
• A working familiarity of Unix and Linux OS, and previous experience with scripting or C programming required
• Strong communication skills
• Proactive self-starter with a focus on results
• Motivated team player/leader
• Exposure to sales and applications environment is a plus
• Travel is required
• Education: B.S.E.E Minimum; M.S.E.E. preferred
This position may require access to export-controlled technology. If an export license is required and Mentor Graphics elects to apply for such a license, then candidates must be approved and licensed by the applicable government authorities as a condition of employment.
Mentor Graphics believes in fostering a work environment that promotes a healthy work-life balance. Our world class benefits package includes 401k matching, annual performance reviews/bonuses, education reimbursement, partially paid Medical/Dental/Vision insurance, Life, Short/Long Term Disability, and a generous time off plan.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression or identity, color, religion, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.