Microsoft Corporation Cloud Solution Architect in San Francisco, California
Are you excited about the future of Microsoft’s Enterprise Cloud Services business? Are you interested in driving broad global impact in account penetration of Azure while helping the State and Local Government Specialist Team Unit (STU) be the premier field sales / technical organization for cloud services in the market? Do you want to be a part of the team that makes MSFT Azure the global standard for excellence? If so, then the Cloud Solution Architect (CSA) within the Solutions Sales Team may be the right place for you!
As a Cloud Solution Architect, you will be driving high priority Azure customer initiatives in tight collaboration with customers and the MSFT field. The CSA is a technical customer facing role that will be accountable for the end-to-end customer cloud deployment experience for HiPo (High Potential) Customers. You will own the Azure technical customer engagement including specific implementation projects and/or Proofs of Concept (POCs).
The ideal candidate will have deep technical knowledge of the Azure Platform and experience in leading technical and economic value discussions with the customer for the purpose of driving decisions to implementation. The goal is to help the customer get the most value out of the Azure Platform.
In this role, you would be responsible for:
• Interfacing with both the generalists and specialists in the MSFT sales and delivery teams (including partners, services, Internal Microsoft Product / Service organizations) focused on consumption of the Azure platform in high potential accounts.
• Executing quick technical feasibility and proposal development for moving identified workloads to Azure (i.e. quick and dirty, comfortable with 80-20 rule).
• Building a technical and security architecture in Azure for the selected apps/workloads.
• Selecting a migration approach to lift and shift the workloads to Azure or architecting a greenfield development and/or production platform for new applications.
• Executing limited POCs, if necessary.
• Driving the quality of the onboarding plan (with MCS or partners).
• Reporting to customer as business objectives / business value conditions are met.
• Ensuring plan execution and Azure consumption targets are met.
• BA Degree or 5+ years' experience in a technology field.
• 5-8+ years applicable experience required.
• A proven track record of success working with senior Government technical decision makers.
• Deep knowledge of State & Local Government technology requirements (i.e. Compliance, Procurement, etc.)
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com. Sales