Microsoft Corporation Senior Consultant Cyber in San Francisco, California
Do you have a passion for helping Microsoft’s clients defend themselves against targeted exploitation? Are you interested in being intimately involved in the latest, cutting-edge developments in the security industry, communicating with security industry leaders, and having a direct impact on the security of all Microsoft customers? Do you want to be on the front lines of helping our customers go toe-to-toe against advanced adversaries? Are you interested in a fast-paced job full of new opportunities?
If so, you might be a candidate for the Microsoft Cybersecurity Business Unit. The team is looking for a strong, experienced systems engineer | senior consultant to join our client-facing Incident Response Team. Ideal candidates should possess some of the following skills:
• Strong experience with system/software deployment and updating methodologies with an emphasis on leveraging System Center Configuration Management (SCCM).
• Active Directory subject matter expertise, to encompass migration, management, security and restructuring
• Experience with deploying and building solutions in Microsoft Azure both PaaS and IaaS
• Experience with system monitoring and alerting practices with an emphasis on leveraging System Center Operations Manager.
• The ability to work independently and perform rapid solution engineering and architecture under time constrained conditions with limited support.
• Deep infrastructure knowledge including troubleshooting, design, and implementation experience across the Microsoft Server stack.
• Experience with deploying and managing virtualization technologies like App-V, MED-V, and the Microsoft VDI suite is a plus.
• Excellent understanding of Windows internals.
• Experience with Databases and SQL a plus Scripting experience, preferably with PowerShell.
Incident response, Windows Forensics or security experience is also a plus
5+ years in the security industry
The successful candidate will have a BS in Computer Science /
Location and Travel:
Travel is an integral part of this position as are high levels of recognition and visibility. Short-notice travel will likely be as high as 50% or higher as is demanded by the needs of our customers and our business. Position location is flexible.
If you are looking for a role that allows you to use your knowledge and passion to strengthen Microsoft’s product defenses and keep customers informed and protected from emerging security threats you may have a bright future with our Incident Response team
Microsoft is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances. If you need assistance and/or a reasonable accommodation due to a disability during the application or the recruiting process, please send a request to email@example.com.