Continental Corporation Software Engineer Backend for IoT in San Jose, California
About Continental With sales of €40.5 billion in 2016, Continental is among the leading automotive suppliers worldwide and currently employs more than 220,000 employees in 56 countries. Information management in and beyond the vehicle is at the very heart of the Interior division. The product portfolio for different types of vehicles includes: instrument clusters, multifunctional and head-up displays, control units, access control and tire-information systems, radios, infotainment systems, input devices, control panels, climate control units, software, cockpits as well as services and solutions for telematics and Intelligent Transportation Systems. The Interior division employs more than 43,000 people worldwide and generated sales of approximately €8.3 billion in 2016.
Auto req ID 77721BR
Job Title Software Engineer Backend for IoT
Country United States
Posting Location San Jose, CA
While others are focusing on secondgeneration products to incrementally improve, Continental ITS is focusing on creating exciting NEW products
for our users in the IoT space. You will work with an experienced team coming from MIT, Stanford, Wharton, Google, Microsoft, eBay, Mercedes
Benz, Intel and many bay area startups, to build the worldchanging nextgeneration automotive cloud service. We are passionate about our
projects and are driven to create the technology that everyone knows should already be here.
We are looking for a driven and motivated software engineer to join our dynamic backend engineering team. You would help solve problems utilizing
the latest data technologies and help deliver next generation automotive technology at scale.
● You will participate in product ideation and definition while utilizing large data sets to craft solutions.
● Work with other engineers to build the product through the architecture, design, and delivery phases.
● End to end feature ownership for cloud scale, high traffic, service based applications.
● Write bulletproof code with emphasis on highquality.
● Work directly with executive teams of leading companies, getting rock star visibility.
● Bachelor’s Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Computer Science or related subject area, with minimum 5 years of relevant work experience.
● Systems level knowledge of end to end IoT applications including hardware
● Proficiency in Go and/or C/C++ languages, with at least 3 years of total experience.
● You should have a keen interest in learning new technologies and ability to quickly ramp up and be productive in a short time, especially on new
languages like Python, Go, etc.
● Strong understanding and experience in object-oriented design principles, modular design patterns, data structures, algorithm design, problem
solving, and software complexity analysis.
● Deep understanding of web and cloudbased technologies for building distributed service-oriented SaaS based applications, including experience
with REST and/or RPC services.
● Good grasp of networking concepts and concurrency, with at least 2 years’ experience.
● 3+ years of experience in managing technical projects and teams of engineers
● Good teammate who is independent, organized and able to work in a fast paced dynamic environment.
● Good written and oral communication skills.
● Experience with cloud providers such as Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, Google App Engine, or OpenStack.
● Some experience with RPC/messaging technologies, like GRPC, ProtoBufs, Thrift, etc.
● Knowledge and experience in database programming using Postgres, MySQL, etc.
● Solid understanding of the software development process, including continuous integration, release management, Git, etc.
EEO / AA / Disabled / Protected Veteran Employer. Continental offers equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals, without regard to unlawful consideration to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law. In addition, as a federal contractor, Continental complies with government regulations, including affirmative action responsibilities, where they apply. To be considered, you must apply for a specific position for which Continental has a current posted job opening. Qualifying applications will be considered only for the specific opening(s) to which you apply. If you would like to be considered for additional or future job openings, we encourage you to reapply for other opportunities as they become available. Further, Continental provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with a disability. If you need assistance in the application process, please reply to North.America.Recruiting@continental-corporation.com or contact US Recruiting at 248.209.4000.
Division Footer Text Ready to drive with Continental? Take the first step and fill in the online application.