Republic Services Financial Systems Support Analyst in Scottsdale, Arizona
Republic Services is an industry leader in U.S. recycling and non-hazardous solid waste. Through our subsidiaries, Republic’s collection companies, recycling centers, transfer stations, and landfills focus on providing effective solutions to make proper waste disposal effortless for our 14 million customers. We’ll handle it from here., our brand promise, lets customers know they can count on Republic to provide a superior experience while fostering a sustainable Blue Planet for future generations to enjoy a cleaner, safer and healthier world. Why Work with Us Our Company cannot thrive without great people devoted to serving customers, the community and the planet. We hire the best people to make Republic a great place to work. We are focused on attracting talented individuals across professions who are as committed to serving customers and the planet as we are. We strive to create a workplace that's meaningful and rewarding to our 33,000 employees. That's why we are proud to be recognized as Best Large Employer by Forbes, World’s Most Ethical Companies by Ethisphere, and Human Rights Campaign Foundation’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index.
The Financial Systems Support Analyst is responsible for all system maintenance of the Lawson Finance modules and acts as the business administrator of the Blackline Close Management System. This generally includes maintenance of the chart of accounts, division structure and hierarchy roll-up, and interface mapping tables. The Financial Systems Support Analyst manages the month end close working with the field Controllership organization and Corporate Accounting to ensure the close of the general ledger is completed in a timely and accurate manner. The Financial Systems Support Analyst also partners with the IT department to create, design, test, plan, and implement business process improvements and troubleshoot technical Lawson issues Company wide.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
• Responsible for systems maintenance of the general ledger (GL), asset management (AM), and accounts payable (AP) modules in the Lawson environment, including by not limited to, adding accounts, division setup and maintenance, and group maintenance.
• Creates and maintains a log of all maintenance changes for communication to various corporate departments.
• Responsible for the business administration tasks of the Blackline close management system including account setting exceptions, preparer role assignments, and import failure alert monitoring and resolution.
• Oversees and ensures all items related to monthly close of the GL are completed in a timely and accurate manner.
• Collects and interprets appropriate documentation and processes all prior period financial and statistical entries.
• Responsible for researching, responding to, and resolving all GL helpdesk inquires.
• Works as liaison between Corporate and Field to resolve GL close and system issues.
• Acts as a liaison between IT and Finance to formulate, define and implement system and business process improvements related to the GL and corresponding systems.
• Provides IT and departmental support for troubleshooting technical issues involving the GL and supports tests of changes to the GL as necessary.
• Regularly interacts with the field Controllership group and various corporate departments on a variety of tasks in order to accomplish goals in an effective manner.
• Performs other job-related duties as assigned or apparent.
The statements used herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of the work being performed by an employee in this position, and are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties and skills required by an incumbent so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
• Experience with Lawson accounting software.
• Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting (preferred).
• Minimum of 1 year of accounting or business analysis experience.
• Experience with standard Query Language (SQL), including writing SQL queries.
• Understanding of financial statements and familiarity with accounting systems.
• Process oriented with strong attention to detail and organization.
• Ability to work in high-volume, fast-paced environment.
• Demonstrates analytical/problem-solving solutions.
• Ability to effectively manage multiple activities or sources of information.
• Demonstrates ability to follow standard operating procedures and instructions to complete tasks in a timely and accurate manner in accordance with Company guidelines and best practices.
• Ability to work independently as well as effectively and efficiently within a team environment.
• Excellent interpersonal skills with both internal and external customers.
• Effective written and verbal communication skills.
• Intermediate or expert level of MS Excel knowledge.
Rewarding Compensation and Benefits
Eligible employees can elect to participate in:
• Comprehensive medical benefits coverage, dental plans and vision coverage.
• Health care and dependent care spending accounts.
• Short- and long-term disability.
• Life insurance and accidental death & dismemberment insurance.
• Employee and Family Assistance Program (EAP).
• Employee discount programs.
• 401(k) plan with a generous company match.
• Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Republic Services is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.